LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

2nd Post Today

So Chris came home from work and we made supper. I definitely shouldn't have eaten as much as I have but nothing was unhealthy per say. We had BBQ steak, corn on the cob, a baked potato and grilled asparagus with fresh squeezed lemon juice on top (and I don't put butter or salt on anything...just good ol' fashioned medium heat salsa on my tater...yummy). Really the only thing I should scale back is the portion of steak but I LOVE STEAK!!! and maybe having 1/2 of a baked tater and 1/2 a corn on the cob. Ah well.

The reason I'm posting a second time is because after supper Chris and I set out for a walk. Now at this point I should tell everybody that where I live is basically on the side of a mountain. So no matter where you walk, there is going to be uphill but this one wasn't too bad. There were plenty of places to recover from any long uphills. This walk was only about 1 and a half kms (bringing today's graaaaaand total to 5.5kms!!!). This second walk is going to be an excellent run once I finally get to the point where I can run that far. That's exciiiiiting. I can't believe I'm planning a RUN. 2 months ago I wouldn't have even thought of thinking about doing a run (if that makes sense?).

Tomorrow I'm going to post "before" pictures of me and my plan is to post new pictures with every 10 lbs lost. The only reason I'm not doing them today is that I didn't do my hair or put on any makeup after my shower this morning and...well when a girl doesn't feel good about her body she does everything she can to make sure she feels good about something. Soooo...Look for those tomorrow.

Now along with this healthy eating bit comes drinking a lot of water. I mean a LOT a lot. And how booooring is water. No taste at all. So how stoked was I to find fizzy lemonade that is only 2 calories per bottle, no sodium, AND no artificial sweeteners. Well I'm sure you all know the answer to that. It is called Cascade Ice (there are other flavors too, the strawberry lemonade is alright but not my fave and the mango orange is yummy too. Haven't tried the other 2 flavors they have, and cant even really remember what they are cuz I know I wouldn't like them). I got this wonderful little ray of sunshine in an otherwise boring life of bottled water at Save-On Foods (I don't know where these stores are/are not...I think it might only be a BC thing...) but I highly reccomend you guys keep an eye out for them. Yummy on a hot summer day or for a treat.

I am so thankful for all the wonderful comments you guys are leaving on my blog. Talk about motivation! Until tomorrow!!!

6 comments:

  1. Its a very good idea to take pictures to mark your progress! I didn't do pictures or measurements when I first started and I am so mad I didn't! I've lost over 30 pounds but I can't really see it and I bet if I had those things to look back at I would. I would take measurements too, even if you don't post them. Its a great motivator, especially when the scale isn't moving, sometimes your measurements still are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! That would be sooo much fun! I would love to meet up here is my email give me a shout! wannabeformerfatgirl@live.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take progress pictures on the first of every month! It's a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! I am stealing your idea of taking pictures every 10 pounds. Then maybe doing a satirical "I'M SHRINKING!" photo collage :-P Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for it Kate! I stole it from somebody else so...haha :) Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete