LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Give Out...Not Give Up

So for those of you who have been following my blog on a regular basis, you know that I've been making my way up "youbitch" hill (I call it youbitch hill because that's the phrase that comes out of my mouth the most when struggling my way up it). I've been setting attainable goals to make my way to the top of it eventually. The most recent goal was to make it to the bridge that is 90% of the way up the hill by Wednesday. Well girls and/or boys...I exceeded my own expectations and made it there today!

Yes the sign may be holding me up at this point but I got there by myself!
I am so proud of myself that shortly after Chris took this picture I burst into tears (and they call me emotional!?) There were a few moments on my walk tonight that I thought I was NEVER going to make it up there. I was so winded, my legs hurt, I was exhausted and I wanted to give up. Unlike in my previous life, I wouldn't let myself give up! And I made it.

So now, because I have beat my goal, I now have to raise the bar. I will make it to the veeeeery top of the hill by Wednesday. I have 2 days to get there and get there I will!

So, what was my reward for getting to the bridge...Well why tell you when I can show you.




Isn't it absolutely stunning!? I feel so...HAPPY!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Well done, they are some amazing views! Good luck getting to the top x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats great! Congrats!!! its is so wonderful to accomplish things like this!!! how wonderful!!! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well T i am have read all your postings and want to let you know how proud i am of you. I have a proposition for you. You let me know when you lose the first 40 lbs and a new outfit is on me. Thats right on me. Love you lots and have always been so proud of you. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go!!! And thanks for sharing the awesome pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a beautiful place to walk, and GREAT JOB!!! You are doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely worth the effort. BC is such a beautiful province. :)

    ReplyDelete