LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Found New Ass Muscles!

Well I felt like going for a walk tonight just about as much as I would feel like jumping into a lion pit with 50 steaks strapped to me. After yesterdays accomplishment of getting to the top of the hill, I woke up this morning and I was stiff. The weird thing is is that I feel like I'm getting more fit and I haven't been stiff until today. Going from sitting to standing or vice versa has been a painful event and don't even get me started on stairs! I did all our laundry (including sheets) and in turn I had to carry everything from the upstairs down to the basement (our house is 3 stories) and back. Plus I did other "housewife workouts". Then Chris got home and I really whined and complained saying I didn't want to go, but I found myself with my runners on and off we went. Another accomplishment was that I only had to stop twice on the way to the bridge! I was stopping at least 4 times until today but Chris really pushed me tonight. He knows that I have a goal of making it up without stopping. He also knows that I have given myself a month to do it, and he says he's giving me 2 weeks...2 WEEKS!? Is he nuts! There's no way I'm that fit yet...Maybe in a month but...We'll see I guess. He's pushing me (lovingly of course).

I have also started taking alli again today. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's basically a supplement that helps block some of the fat that you take in in your diet. You can read about it here. The last time I was taking it, I did lose weight but still hadn't changed my habits so I found that I really didn't feel well while taking it because of the amount of fat it was blocking (and how that fat gets out of you of course). Now that I have changed my eating habits and actually have a fairly low fat diet, I figure that blocking what little fat I do eat might be a good thing and will give me that extra little boost I need. I have also began taking a multivitamin (one a day women's formula), as suggested by alli. We'll see how it works. Still toying with the idea of doing a cleanse as well...Hmmm...

On another note I HAVE to share this with you. Yesterday I was absolutely craving fries. What's a girl on a diet to do!? Well let me tell you what:

  • Take 1 medium potato per person, wash and cut into wedges
  • Place wedges into a bowl and toss with just enough EVOO to coat
  • Season with salt and pepper to taste (I didn't use much of either...You could also add thyme or rosemary)
  • Place wedges on a cooling rack placed over a cookie sheet (this allows the hot air to circulate around the entire fry reducing cook time, crisping it up AND allowing any excess oil to drain off)
  • Bake at 450 for about half an hour

VOILA...homemade oven fries that will satisfy any fast food craving! I served this with a extra lean burger on whole wheat and salad and it was soooo yummy! Who needs McDonalds! HA! Hope everybody else is having a good week! My work week starts again tomorrow (booooooo!), but on the up side it's only 4 days...

'Til next time fellow bloggers

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hey - no pain, no gain, right? But seriously, that is so great that you completed your walk even though it was the last thing you wanted to do. Sometimes you just need that little push to get yourself out there and then you feel sort of invincible! It is so great you have Chris to push you along - I know I need that extra motivation from my husband too, at times. Good luck making it to the bridge with NO stops - you can do it! Keep us posted on your progress!!!
    http://buttfatblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete