I have also started taking alli again today. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's basically a supplement that helps block some of the fat that you take in in your diet. You can read about it here. The last time I was taking it, I did lose weight but still hadn't changed my habits so I found that I really didn't feel well while taking it because of the amount of fat it was blocking (and how that fat gets out of you of course). Now that I have changed my eating habits and actually have a fairly low fat diet, I figure that blocking what little fat I do eat might be a good thing and will give me that extra little boost I need. I have also began taking a multivitamin (one a day women's formula), as suggested by alli. We'll see how it works. Still toying with the idea of doing a cleanse as well...Hmmm...
On another note I HAVE to share this with you. Yesterday I was absolutely craving fries. What's a girl on a diet to do!? Well let me tell you what:
- Take 1 medium potato per person, wash and cut into wedges
- Place wedges into a bowl and toss with just enough EVOO to coat
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (I didn't use much of either...You could also add thyme or rosemary)
- Place wedges on a cooling rack placed over a cookie sheet (this allows the hot air to circulate around the entire fry reducing cook time, crisping it up AND allowing any excess oil to drain off)
- Bake at 450 for about half an hour
VOILA...homemade oven fries that will satisfy any fast food craving! I served this with a extra lean burger on whole wheat and salad and it was soooo yummy! Who needs McDonalds! HA! Hope everybody else is having a good week! My work week starts again tomorrow (booooooo!), but on the up side it's only 4 days...
'Til next time fellow bloggers