LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, July 15, 2011

I'm "winning" as Charlie Sheen would say...

Haha, sorry 'bout the title to my post today, I'm a dork some days. Ok so I don't know how many of you girls order clothes online. For me personally I LOVE clothes and fashion and look through the magazines wishing I could wear the cute clothes I see. I also love shopping but at my size I'm limited to specialty stores OR the teeny tiny division of the department store that is clearly marked as the plus size section (I mean, why not just put a sign up that says "all the fat chicks can shop here only". So to avoid some embarrassment of being seen in the plus size section of the local stores (I live in a very small town), I do most of my shopping online...usually at old navy...or at the specialty stores when we go to bigger cities. Now, there are some annoyances that I have with this. The clothes at the specialty stores are sooooo expensive. I mean, I don't have the $$ to spend $50 on a shirt or $90 on pants (I was a student up until last year then I worked only part time for the next 6 months, then I finally got a full time position, and the cost of living in the town is high so my disposable income is small). That being said, I usually only hit up those stores once a year. When it comes to old navy I'm pretty good at gauging what size I should buy just by looking at the cut of whatever I'm buying BUT I have, on more than one occasion, ordered 2 of the same item (perhaps in separate colors, or jeans that are an awesome cut) and have them arrive fitting differently. The most recent were jeans I bought. I fell in love with everything, the cut, the wash and the fact that there was a "slimming" panel built in (that actually does work btw). So I ordered 2 pairs only for them to arrive and have one pair fit perfectly and the other being so tight that I could barely breathe let alone sit in them without feeling like I was going to be cut in half (ugh and just think of the muffin top...yuck). Well today I got up and got dressed and thought "hmmm lets see", grabbed the tight jeans and pulled them on and am oh so proud to say they fit like a glove. YAAAAAAAY. Apparently I'm doing something right ladies! Soooooo excited!

On a separate note, I'm so excited for this weekend. Chris and I along with my stepdaughter (Chris's child from a previous relationship) are going to visit my parents. I'm fairly certain that my grands and my aunt will be there as well so it's going to be a whole fam damily affair. And the best part will be the dinner. My mom will cook an amazing dinner with probably 15-20 items so I'll have plenty of choices for what I can eat. And it'll all be yummy cuz my mom is a pretty good cook. She's pretty supportive of me losing weight. She wants me to do it before I get to her age (she's in her mid 40s and has struggled with her weight her entire adult life). Plus she wants a grandchild and because I suffer from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, I will likely have a difficult time becoming pregnant. Weight loss greatly improves the chances of becoming pregnant. But lets set the record straight, I am not even attempting to become pregnant right now. In fact we are doing what we can to prevent that from happening! I'm hoping to get my weight under control within the next year or so so that we can start tryin to have a little bundle of joy of our own. Chris is still unsure about whether or not he wants another child but what did he expect when he let me buy a 3 bedroom house!? Of course I'm gonna wanna put something in that 3rd bedroom! HAHA.

4 comments:

  1. Forever21 has cute plus size CHEAP clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the jeans! I love it when you fit into something that you couldn't before :). I have a pair of jeans that are a couple of sizes too small, can't wait to get into them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. forever 21 is great (love their accessories too), but also torrid's clearance section isn't too bad price wise online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So this is my first time reading your blog, thanks for stopping by mine. I feel like I could have written the first part of your post. I do the exact same thing with Old Navy. If I order two pairs of jeans I always expect one to fit better than the other. Just crazy! Great job fitting into the smaller pair though! That rocks!!

    Second, I too suffer from PCOS. I had a child and then never could get pregnant again, started having painful issues, we figured it out, some some 7 years later I started slim fast just to lose a little weight, and BAM within 4 months I was pregnant. That was a pretty big shock since, as I'm sure you know, the odds are really stacked up against "our type" getting pregnant when over weight. So now I have two little ones, and hopefully that is all!
    I look forward to reading through the rest of your posts and following and supporting you on your journey!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete