LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Short Walk

So today's walk was a very short one due to the impending storm that is currently settling in right over top of my house. It was good though cuz I have realized that this exercise thing is getting easier for me. Yes I still get out of breath but it's not as quick as before and I recover a whole lot faster. I also am able to push through it because I'm not AS out of breath as before. Yay. So, I'm looking for thing's I can do around the house for exercise. I'm not fortunate enough to have exercise equipment in my house nor can I afford to go to the gym...Yes I do the housewife workout once a week but I want something more...Suggestions welcome here.

I also would loooove some recipes if you have em (especially for chicken). Chris is a bit of a picky eater and so am I so we seem to be kinda stuck in a rut. We tried something a little different today but everything seems to have a salad side. I'm feeling lucky as I am not CRAVING anything really. I just wanna switch it up a bit.

Any and all help would be appreciated!!

3 comments:

  1. OK HON ITS MOM!!!! YAY. HERE IS SOMETHING THAT MIGHT HELP WITH THE MEALS. THOSE BUNS WE GOT AT WALMART, TRY SCRAMBLING THE GROUND TURKEY IN PAM AND MAKE HOMEMADE PIZZAS ON THOSE. PUT ALOT OF VEGIES ON YOURS. YOU CAN MAKE THEM INDIVIDUALLY TO YOUR TASTES. INSTEAD OF SALAD CUT UP CARROTS BROCOLLI ECT. AND MAKE A DIP WITH PLAIN YOGURT AND SPICES.... OR IF YOU HAVE USED THE TURKEY SCRAMBLE HAMBURGER AND SPRINKLE IT LIGHTLY ON THE BUN SO YOU ARE NOT GETTING MUCH FAT. LOVE YOU LOTS AND KEEP GOING I AM SO PROUD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding good recipes is always a challenge - but I am always on the hunt for different things too! I love citrus flavors with chicken and both dishes below pair well with steamed broccoli or green beans or whatever type of veggie you and Chris like.

    http://www.laaloosh.com/2008/06/14/low-calorie-orange-flavored-chicken-recipe/

    http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/chickenrecipes/r/lemchick.htm

    As a matter of fact, I think I am going to make the lemon chicken tonight - looking at this recipe makes me hungry!
    Good job on keeping up with the walks - it must be so encouraging to feel yourself getting stronger and your endurance building each day! You'll be climbing mountains before you know it!!!
    http://buttfatblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do a great strength workouts at home with a balance ball and some free weights.

    In preparation for my wedding, I hired a trainer to help me workout at my house. I bought a set of power block weights on his recommendation. (They stack so they don't take up a lot of room.)http://shop.fitnessdepot.ca/Powerblock-Urethane-33-Set-Stage-I-P445.aspx

    If you want more details, you can email me at eatnormally@hotmail.ca...

    ReplyDelete