LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Why Do I Underestimate myself?

So, as those of you who have been following me for a while know, I have been setting goals for myself when it comes to walking up the 2km long hill by my house. My latest goal was to make it to the very top of it without having to stop to catch my breath, and I gave myself a month to do so (that month would have been on August 19th). I did just that today which was 9 days from the day I set that goal. I should be really happy about that but I'm actually kinda disappointed in myself. Not because of taking 9 days to achieve my goal, that's fantastic and I'm soooo thrilled, but because I constantly underestimate my abilities and myself. Why? Why do I do that? Is it so that I don't fail? or because I truly feel like I can't do it and that if I give myself a long time to do something it seems like it's really hard so if I do fail it's like "oh well it was hard, that's why I gave myself a whole month, guess I needed more time". I'm feel like it's another excuse and that's really not ok with me. I guess it's because I've failed so many times at this weight loss thing that I'm afraid to actually push myself to succeed. But all that is changing right now. I am going to push myself and if that means I don't meet a goal timeline, that's ok. At least I'll know that I did everything in my power to make that goal. Not that I just went along and just happened to succeed.

Ok now it's time to celebrate. I kicked the shit out of that goddamn hill! I made it my bitch! WOOOO!!!! I'm gonna keep walking up that hill and it's going to keep getting easier and easier. And now that I know I can go without stopping, I'm going to start timing myself and shaving time off the walk. I wish I had a walking buddy for the days that Chris is working nights and the days I'm working evenings. I really need to start walking on the days that I work evenings too...maybe not 4kms but at least 1-2kms. Perhaps that'll be my goal for this next week. Yes! My goal is that I will walk every single day for the next week. It's going to suuuuuck cuz I work 6 of the next 7 days but I'm going to do it :)

Today I went to Walmart for shampoo, tortillas and shoelaces...Well $50 later....In addition to my shampoo, tortillas and shoelaces I got some decorative towels for 2 of my bathrooms, Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD, and some hand weights. Sooo now I guess I'm adding the real Jillian in with my live in Jillian. I think that I'll add her in on the days that I do a short walk, and the day I do a long walk I'll just do stretching and maybe some yoga (guess I need to get a yoga DVD too!). Thoughts?

So there have been a couple additions to my blog. I have done a 30 by 30 list as well as a 155 reason list. Both can be found in tabs at the top of the home page of my blog. Also in the tabs is a recipes section and a photos section. The only recipe that is in there is one that I have already blogged for oven fries but as I come across more favorites I will add them. I will be posting my first set of photos tonight as well so look for those. I gotta say I really hate those pictures. I did not realise my belly was that big. Guess that's what happens when you don't have full length mirrors in your house huh?

Anyways...Check out the additions to my blog!!!

Until next time!

8 comments:

  1. I love the 30 day shred, 20 mins quick but i sweat like no other in this workout its amazing.

    Also I found the fizzy lemonade! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 3 weeks of drinking nothing but water...id marry it if i could haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not look at this as underestimating yourself – The fact is you set a goal and you kicked the shit out of it!!! That is something to celebrate! Ok, so maybe this goal was much easier to achieve than you thought it would be (but was not EASY by any means) but that doesn’t mean you set the wrong goal – it just means you busted some serious ass to meet that goal! The fact that you did it 9 days early? That just makes you a rock star in my book – not someone who is too lazy to set harder goals. I think when it comes to weight loss, you have to set goals along the way that work for you – if you set really super hard goals and never meet them, then what’s the point? This goal achievement you made should be a confidence booster! If you want to set your next goal to be a bit more challenging then go for it – but don’t discount this one as not being great – because it is! So chin up, my blogger friend and keep that butt moving! You inspire!!! P.S. Let us know how the 30 Day Shred is…maybe I will join you (uh, gulp! Jillian scares me!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rochelle...I didn't complete it 9 days early. I completed it IN 9 days rather than a month. So I think it's safe to say this one was too easy haha. BUT! I'm still proud of myself and I'm going to set more goals for myself. Now...I'm off to work. Have a great day :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 30 day shred! I can't do it right now while I'm on medifast but once I can, I will be glad to have it back! Great job on completing the hill early. Maybe you did give yourself a little cushion on the goal of a month, but you are now seeing what you are capable of and can start pushing yourself more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Negative self perception is the devil. I catch myself doing the same thing all the time. I picked up some heavier weights yesterday and told myself -- There's no way you're going to be able to do 3 full sets with these. Well I did.

    We can do it. Congrats on the 2km hill. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its just a sore throat but since your an RN is it better to drink warm things or cold things or does it even matter?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made a molehill out of that mountain! HOORAY!! I'm still working on my goal of being able to take all the stairs at work (three flights) without keeling over.

    I just put up my first pictures too and I was really depressed last night. I don't like that image...at all. BUT we're doing something about it! 10, 20...100 pounds from now, you're going to look back and say WOW!

    ReplyDelete