LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Work getting in the way

So this morning I opened my eyes and went to get out of bed to go for my walk knowing i still had like 6 hours before I had to be at work...WRONG. I very quickly noticed that there were 2 phone calls with 2 voice mails from work. Being the idiot I can be, I listened to them and they were desperately trying to get a nurse into work because one had called in sick (we only ever have 3 for 92 people!), so of course, thinking of my awesome co-workers, phone back and say I'll be there ASAP. So I started getting ready. No walk for me, super long shift instead. Damn work getting in the way of my goals. However, I'm not going to count this as a failure because I was perfectly prepared and was on my way to go for a walk...so....I'll just extend my goal by another day.

Also...I may end up going with my dad on Thursday to the hospital. He's going to have a scope of his stomach and esophagus done (he's struggled with chronic acid reflux for a loooong time now). Soooo Grace, I just may be in Cranbrook on The 4th...I'll letcha know when I decide. For those of you who don't know Grace, she's a super sweet, adorable girl that lives about 3 hours away from me, and I'm hoping that we may actually get to meet! Check out her blog at http://wannabeformerfatgirl.blogspot.com/

Ciao for now, I gotta get to work!

7 comments:

  1. Tell me about it! That's one of my major stumbles!

    I'll get called in randomly and then not be able to eat (then binge when I get home). I'll get stressed and eat to compensate. I'll be forced to order out or eat junk that's hanging around the nurse's station. Why is there always some crap there?

    Keep your head up! And have a great day at work <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work 12 hour shifts and I keep dun-bells at work and whenever its slow ( Or nap time) I play with them, that way Im not getting supper sweaty but im still toning and now a couple of my co workers do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - no one can ever say you're not dedicated! I am sure they appreciated your willingness to come in. Hopefully you can cash in that favor for yourself one day when you really need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an angel for thinking of them. Don't forget to think of yourself FIRST though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a nurse too. I work 12 hours shifts and the last thing I want to do is exercise those days, its been a real struggle. Good for you for helping out! We've been short a lot where I work lately and its hard going in extra and working those really long shifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a very nice thing by going in to help those nurses. My mother is a Nurse Practitioner and I know how crazy it can get. Besides you burn a ton of calories running around and walking back and forth to paitents all day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it's not like you skipped your workout for no good reason - you did a very nice thing, and you, for sure, burned off some calories while you were at work! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete