LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, August 5, 2011

Another 4kms Behind Me

I went for a walk early this afternoon. Because it was so hot I decided to just do my short walk. It was literally so hot it was hard to breathe...I did stop to take this picture that was ironically breathtaking


I just love my town. Amazing views!
 This is BOB (the big orange bridge) that is iconic of my town. It's definitely a landmark that people remember when they come to Nelson.

Chris also made me go for a walk this evening and we did the same 2km walk (making my daily total 4kms). I just did NOT want to go. I just feel really worn out...that I haven't had any time to relax with how much I'm working and how much I've been working out. I guess that's just something I'm gonna have to suck up for now. I NEED to lose weight and be healthy so I need to stop whining and, as Nike says, just do it.

How do you guys stay motivated to do your daily workout? I don't skip days very often (mostly just when I'm working evenings...which needs to stop NOW) but it's just so hard some days to keep going when you've already done one walk, or one session on the treadmill, or one round with Jillian, or whatever it may be and you still have that half of a workout to do later in the day. Basically, Chris told me that my blog followers would be disappointed in me if I didn't finish my workout (can anybody say guilt trip? Well it worked and I did finish). But man was it hard to lace up those shoes!

On another note. Fellow blogger Katelyn and I are going to be working on a joint blog post that will likely be appearing August 15th so stay tuned for that! Hopefully you'll like it :)

Tomorrow is back to work for me so my blog posts will likely slow down a little over the next few days, but don't worry, I'm not giving up!

Until next time!

7 comments:

  1. Omg your town is beautiful!

    And you do really well as far as workouts I skip a couple days and you should have 1 day a week you dont do anything so your muscles can rest but keep up the good work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kick it girl! I'm proud of you! I was whining after just my housewife workout, you're an inspiration! It's so muggy and dark here, looking very stormy for the weekend ahead but I'm planning on using my exercise bike in addition to the workout I'm going to get putting up blinds and getting things moved around the house!

    Sorry that work is being a pain :( Here's to hoping that your days off come soon!

    Cannot wait for our joint post!!! I'm DANCING with excitement, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful view, you'll want to walk every day just to see it right? ;) You are worth it, it takes a while to get on the routine. Make a calendar that is just for making down your walks. I have one and every time I go for a walk, I put a diagonal mark through it, if I go for another one, I put another line - making an X over the square for that date. It feels amazing. You'll love the big red X's on the calendar and a day missed will p*ss you off enough to not skip another. It's a visual and it works. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful view! You are a walking rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love walking. It's such a great fat burner without being too damaging on the body.

    You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing where you walk! So beautiful! I haven't been able to work out in like 5 or 6 days now and it's killing me! On the days when I am not too motivated I read the quotes I've put all over the house, or the "Before" pic I have on the fridge. Plus, like Chris, my husband pushes me and makes me go! Which at the time I am cranky and then I thank him afterward for motivating me!
    You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not one to ask this week, sadly. Just when I got my exercise goals in line, life got in the way. Glad to hear you are pushing through, though! I'll be back at it next week!

    ReplyDelete