LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, August 8, 2011

Setting Myself Up For A Successful Day

I got an absolutely amazing sleep last night. I didn't even hear Chris come home until he was crawling into bed with me (which in hindsight may just be a little scary that I can be that oblivious to what is going on in my house when I'm asleep). I woke up feeling energized, caught up on some blog reading then set out for a walk before it got too hot (it was still HOT though!). This is the first day that I've managed to get myself organized enough to go for a walk BEFORE work! And I'm proud of that!

I did only do 2kms simply because I know it's going to be a busy day at work today (I always follow this one nurse who just doesn't do her job so to ensure quality of care and not be a neglectful nurse, I have to pick up the slack) and the residents seem to be ramping up for the full moon on Friday I believe it is...They all kinda go nuts. I'm proud that I walk anywhere between 2 and 6 kms nearly every day. That is something you would not have caught me dead doing 2 months ago. I was still active 2 months ago but not nearly as much as I am these days...NOWHERE NEAR. And I do it now, for the most part, without complaining. I do still have my days where its the last thing on earth I want to be doing...but I think that's a normal thing.

I'm trying to figure out how tomorrow is going to work for my walk. My stepdaughter is coming today and she normally gets up at about 7:30-8 and because I'm more of a morning person than Chris is, I usually get up with her and feed her breakfast and play with her and stuff, we have our little routine down pat. But if I want to go for a walk by like 9ish tomorrow...I might have to take her along with me...and pushing the stroller with her in it will be some hard work goin' up those hills...Ah well more calories will be burnt right? And the kiddo will love it (I mean who wouldn't love being pushed around like the Queen of Sheba so she can look at the gorgeous scenery!?) But we'll see...maybe Chris will get up and entertain her while I go for a walk. I would just feel bad asking him because he works sooooo hard and has to work night shifts (12 hour night shifts to boot) while I only work 8s and very very rarely work a 12 hour night shift. My poor man. He just works too darn hard I think.

Anyways, I'm going to sign off...Until next time!

5 comments:

  1. Stroller pushing!? Up hill!? Now that's a work out even Richard Simmons would be proud of! I say go for it. I bet your step-daughter would love it (as long as it's not to humid)....think of it as just another fun fitness challenge. You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I say take the challenge and push the kid up the hill! But if its really hot, you should be careful! Don't want you to overdo it and then not be able to exercise for some time! I'm seeing too many people going out with heat stroke!

    Keep up the AWESOME work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I lost a bunch of weight before I used to take both of my kids and pull them in a wagon on my walks. Man that is tough! Good luck and yes it will be more calories burn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pushing a stroller while walking is a big workout! When we go I make my husband because our new stroller is too short for me, so we are shopping for a jogging stroller! You should take her and you will feel that much more accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on getting your walk in before work! You should give the stroller workout a try - just do what you can. Every little bit matters!!

    ReplyDelete