LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, August 22, 2011

So Very Tired...

I've finished day 3 of my 6 day stretch and my first 2 shifts were 12 hour shifts (add on the 1 hr one way commute and that put me at a 14 hour day). I left at 6:45am and didn't get home until 9pm. GOD what a long ass day. One day of not having to get up before the buttcrack of dawn would be so nice. Needless to say I've done crap all in the way of exercise these past 3 days and I have no intention of moving my ass off the couch tonight until I march upstairs to bed by about 8:30. But I will be back at it tomorrow.

My only saving grace is that I've been eating very well. Thank god for that! And of course that will continue too. I just wanted to post so you all know I didn't go MIA into a bag of chips with a side of oreos.

I am in probably the most bitchy mood I've been in in a very long time. On top of being absolutely exhausted, I had an awful day at work. I hate when people yell at you for something that you had no part of (and weren't even at work for!). There may be a little PMS mixed in there too. I'm betting Chris is very glad he got to go to work tonight.

In other news, the leader of the political party I support passed away today after a battle with cancer. He, unfortunately (or fortunately if you're a glass half full person today), knew he was not going to win and wrote a letter for his wife to pass along to the media. In his closing paragraph, he wrote some words that were absolutely beautifully written and a way we should all live. I'm going to pass these words on to all of my loyal blog followers:

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a day. :(

    I absolutely love that quote you shared from Jack Layton - it's so beautifully written. Thanks for sharing.

    Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quote! Enjoy relaxing today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was such a shock when I heard it on the news yesterday. Jack Layton was dearly loved.

    Poor thing! Long days + PMS + work BS? That's too much for anyone to handle. Hope you get some rest soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure you are doing great with your weight loss with all that work! I'm glad you are taking time to relax!! Hope you have a better few days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quote - and something we can all live by! I am finally back from vacay - thanks for checking in on me! Will post tomorrow on my blog but wanted to say hello and commend you on your weight loss (first 10+ pounds - whoo hoo).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job for eating well! When I'm tired, I want oreos.

    ReplyDelete