LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Take That Storm!

Going for a walk wasn't looking too promising as I watched the dark, rain (and possibly lightening) filled clouds fast approaching my town. I had resolved myself to running up and down the stairs and was NOT looking forward to that. Something about running up and down stairs just wasn't appealing to me. But there was a break in the clouds and the sun kinda came out so I strapped on those walkin shoes and got out there. It was surprisingly refreshing being out there after the rain had poured down and the day had been cool all day. I was able to go faster than I ever had before. Felt GREAT!

As tomorrow is the start of a new month (show of hands...Who's totally PISSED that summer is nearly over??) I've decided that it'd be a good time for a challenge. Mike over at Starting At 500 Pounds is hosting a "no soda September" challenge. No soda or carbonated beverages at all for 1 month. He is hosting it himself and has a great idea for a prize for the winner. I highly suggest we all sign up! Yay for more water and milk!!! I have to admit though, sitting here by myself (Chris is at work) I did think "hmmm I should run to the store and grab a diet pepsi cuz I wont get to have one til NOVEMBER!". Now let me tell you why this is crazy. In the last 3 months I've had maybe 2 bottles of diet pepsi. Although I do love it so. The whole mentality of not being "allowed" something was making me want it. But I will refrain. I dont need it now and I'm pretty sure diet pepsi will still be there in November. At least I damn well hope so! But it also means none of my beloved cascade ice lemonade which is oh so refreshing when its hot. Ah well. It's just like Crystal Light but with bubbles. So Crystal Light will have to do.

On another note I'm on day 5 of my 15 day cleanse and so far so good. The one thing I have learned though is you have to eat something very shortly after taking the capsules as they make you have spicy burps haha. They have cayenne pepper in them and that + empty stomach = bad.

And to close on a happy note...I FINALLY after much begging and pleading got Saturday off. I originally wasn't scheduled to work but took an extra shift then realized I couldn't do it but they weren't gonna let me out of it. Sure was a nice way to treat somebody who had done soooo much overtime this summer that it's not even funny. I covered everybody else's holidays and I ask for one stinkin day off and have to beg...not cool. They are darn lucky I got it or I was going to be conveniently unavailable for every single extra shift til I felt like I'd won! HAHA.  So hoooooray for 4 days off over a long weekend!!!! Should be good times. Lets just hope I can keep all the bad things out of my salad hole (I think calling it a pie hole is just mean for people who are trying to lose weight!).

I hope everybody has a great weekend and stays safe. Have fun but don't do anything I wouldn't do!

8 comments:

  1. I drink nothing all day at work but Crystal Light lemonade I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to NEED one diet pop a day. (At lunch to keep me full.) Now I drink sparkling water. It really does the trick when you need something refreshing and more filling than flat water.

    Boo for summer almost being over. Thank goodness it is a GORGEOUS day here. Happy almost long weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for long weekends! You work hard - I am happy to hear you will get a nice long break! I like the idea of a soda challenge - but soda really isn't my issue. If someone did a No Wine Challenge - I think that might be tough for me! I;m looking to do a fitness challenge with some people - I am just really lacking the motivation lately and need some help...
    Anyhoo - enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love diet coke. I can't imagine ever giving it up!

    I agree with you, as soon as I say I can't have something, I want it even more... So just don't think about diet pepsi during the contest as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing the challenge as well, although my weakness is Dr. Pepper! I haven't had any in a while, so HOPEFULLY the cravings won't be too bad. I swear sometimes "detoxing" yourself from certain foods/drinks can be like a drug addiction. When I first cut out sodas I had migraines for over a week!

    Hope you have a fantastic 4 day weekend!! I'll enjoy my 3 day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad so many of you over here are doing the challenge. I had a 2 liter of Mt. Dew I just dumped! video here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love walking after the rain. So glad you got your 4 days vacation. I wouldn't want you to have to punish them.Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you got a long weekend! You work so hard and totally deserve it! I was doing good with no soda, now I occasionally have 1 diet root beer but that's it. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete