LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, August 29, 2011

Update & All That

Sorry I was MIA this weekend! I was busy with the fam. and just wanted to take the weekend off to have fun with them. So lets get this update started!

On Saturday Chris and I took the kid to my grandparents (as I had posted about possibly doing). It was so much fun. The weather was BEAUTIFUL. The trip there, however, was exhausting. First, was the packing. Now anybody who has ever had a 2 year old knows exactly what I mean. Sunscreen, diapers, change of clothes, bathingsuit, swimming diapers, snacks, hat, sunglasses, a few toys to keep her occupied...damn near feels as though you're packing half the house to go out for a few hours! Then we get into the car and get half way to the ferry when I turn to Chris and go "her lifejacket was in the back of the car right?"...Well her lifejacket wasn't in the back of the car so we had to turn around and go back to get it, meaning we missed the ferry we were supposed to be on. Once we had everything we needed and got back to the ferry landing the ferry was just getting in...Unfortunately the ferry filled up and we didn't get on that one either so we had to wait! We went down to the beach and the kid chased the duckies, got soaking wet and dirty and fell and scraped her knee. We FINALLY got on the Ferry and made our way over to the grands house. The entire trip I had to listen to "what we doin Tawyn? I hungry! I tired. Where daddy go Tawyn?" over and over again 900 thousand times (what were we doin teachin the kid to talk!?). Anyways, we got there and got out on the boat and the entire trip down was worth it. The boat ride was fun and the kid got to "drive" the boat (she sat in my grandpas lap and helped steer) and thought it was hilarious that when she'd hit a wave the water would splash up and soak me and Chris. We came home, had supper and settled in for the night. Not a lot of exercise happened that day but eating was on point and we had a lot of fun.

Sunday was a little more on lifestyle change pace. Got a fair amount of exercise in. Including about 4.5kms of walking (my 2km route plus another estimated 2kms around Lakeside park PLUS walking into the forest to see how the kokanee run was doing). We also hopped on some of the outdoor exercise equipment that's in the park. We were just being silly but if I didn't have such social issues about being made fun of, I'd probably actually use it for a work out! Perhaps when I get down in weight a little it'll be an option for me.  The kid also went back to her mom yesterday which is always sad. I miss her when she's gone. But, unfortunately, that's just how it is. We make the most of it when we have her.

So that was my weekend. Busy and full of fun and good things. I have also had a question about what cleanse I'm doing. I'm doing the Jillian Michaels 14 Day Cleanse & Burn. It's a 3 part cleanse that does a total body detox and cleanse for the first week then the second week consists of probiotic replenishment and a maximum strength fat burner. So far it seems to be going ok. It has all natural ingredients and hasn't made me jittery at all like some other supplements have. I also take a multivitamin just to make sure that I'm getting all the proper vitamins and minerals I need.

I think I've finally brushed off my disappointing weigh in (thank you to those of you who left sweet comments on that post) and am moving forward. I will try to be more consistent with my posting! The goal for today is to do a thorough housewife workout, then a 2km walk with Chris when he gets home from work. Hope everybody is having a great day and that everybody who lives on the east coast is safe and dry!

6 comments:

  1. I think you should try running....you might like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. What is a housewife workout? Cleaning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes a housewife workout is cleaning. Youd be suprised how many calories you burn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss your weigh in post? Well, hey a loss is a loss anyway so GREAT JOB. Sounds like you had a busy weekend and packed in lots of fun. That's the best way to burn calories - when it doesn't even seem like exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try to be happy with your loss - over a pound is good! You're losing, and that's what matters. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend! I love days when I really clean house. I put on the radio and get to work and I am usually super sweaty by the end and I feel good and the house smells and looks great!

    ReplyDelete