LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 1 Of The Shred Done

And I hate Jillian Michaels more than ever. I think I'm going to have a really hard time sticking to this because I really do NOT enjoy doing it. I enjoy going for walks and going to Zumba and going to the pool but the shred is just horrible. I'm gonna give it a real go but I'm really not willing to torture myself and perhaps go completely off the rails because I'm not enjoying myself. What I have been doing has been working (obviously seeing as how I've lost 17 lbs since I started weighing in...(probably closer to 25-30 had I kept track at the beginning too). But like I said I'm going to try.

Anyways, today was a pretty busy day for me at work but I got a lot accomplished and felt good about it, came home and watched Survivor, sent Chris off to work (well I pouted and whined cuz I didn't want him to go), headed right upstairs and did the shred, and as soon as this is posted I'm going to head to the grocery store for some yumminess in the form of fruits and veggies...and perhaps something for supper seeing as how its nearly 7...I totally found the yummiest sandwich EVER at the grocery store deli...turkey with Havarti, lettuce, tomato, pickles, cucumber and green pepper...I love Havarti cheese.

Anyways, I guess I don't have a ton more to say today.

OOooo I almost forgot...I wanna share the sentence in an email that MADE MY DAY the other day that I forgot to share yesterday. I was emailing back and forth to a co-worker whom I NEVER see because I work 4 on 4 off and she works 3 on 5 off...and her 3 on are on my days off. Anywho here is the sentence:

"I meant to tell you the last time I saw you how great you look. You are losing so much weight. Great job and keep it up...I know how hard it is but you're doing awesome"

Seriously...How amazing is my beautiful co-worker. She seriously made my day and made me grin from ear to ear....I'm gonna call that an NSV....TAKE THAT SCALE!!!!!

Loooooves

7 comments:

  1. Woot woot on the NSV. I'll take both the drop on the scale but if I had to pick I would wrather get the email. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes!!! i love hearing things like that from people i know. today someone told me they missed my chubby cheeks while commenting on an old photo of me on facebook. lol. they said my cheeks were too skinny now. i said well at least they arent all caved in like a druggie. lol. i have cheekbones now. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really nice thing for your friend to say to you. No wonder you were grinning so much! :)

    Good luck with the shred, as long as you give it a real good go then at least you won't be disappointed if it doesnt work out for you. Who knows, you might find it a lot easier and start to enjoy it more in a few days time.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sister! That's why the shred is a CHALLENGE, it isn't pleasant or enjoyable but I've done it start to finish before and it is effective. I think you can do it, of course what you've done so far is working - but stepping it up a notch is going to work as well, in a very good way. It's 25 mins a day, you can do it. I like the workout because it also shows you some different quick moves that you can use to build your own routine. I've built three routines using a lot of the moves off of the shred combined with other DVDs and then basics like squats. It is good to mix things up. You can do it. You're.Worth.It.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gonna jump on Miss Aprils Bandwagon. You CAN do Jillian - it takes couple of days to get into it, but give it a serious go. It's only one month - You can do this!!!!! I personally never thought I'd tackle this video if it wasn't for you creating this challenge! I have completed 9 days so far and it does get better - at least you know what to expect and you can honestly feel how much progress you are making. Modify the moves as much as you need to.
    Granted, you have done awesome so far with what you have been doing, so keep up the great work. It is nice that your coworker gave you some much deserved accolades for all your effort! Compliments like that are always great to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome comment. So fun when people notice! Keep up the great work and stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the Shred, its tough! I am thinking of starting it again too.

    ReplyDelete