LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hooked On Zumba!!!!

Today was my first Zumba class and needless to say I fell in love like 10 minutes in. It was A-MA-ZING!!!! and so much fun too! Did it feel like I was "working out"?? Not really. Did I sweat my ass off? Ummm I think drippy is the right word to describe how sweaty I was. I was so nervous going in because 1) I have no rhythm 2) I'm fat and have no rhythm and 3) I knew there'd be skinny people there WITH rhythm. But I still went anyways. Thank god my friend, who's also a bigger girl, came with me or I would have never walked through those doors. There were about 20 people in this class and besides the instructor there were only 2 people who'd ever done Zumba before so I wasn't the only one who was COMPLETELY lost 90% of the time. I spent most of the time figuring out what the hell I was supposed to do then I'd do 2 steps of it properly and she'd switch moves. Buy I didn't care! I was having fun. Anybody out there who hasn't tried Zumba I highly suggest you just give it a chance! There were  people my age and younger up to a lady in her 60s! So if she can do it and I didn't need CPR after doing it...you can do it too! I am going to re-organize my rewards because it costs $7.20 for a day pass to the NDCC and that includes access to the weight room, the cardio machines, all the classes AND the pool. But with a pass then I don't have to worry about carrying cash!

So I've definitely made a mental shopping list for when I go to Kelowna. I NEED some comfortable running shoes. I haven't mentioned much about my Reebok Easytones because they KILL my feet. They're what I wore today in Zumba and by the end my feet felt like they were on fire. I wore them to work once and I ended up walking around in my socks half way through the day (and if you've ever been in a nursing home you know that's a brave move). So I need 2 pairs of course, one for classes and one for outside. I absolutely need a racer back sports bra. I am so damn sick of pulling my bra straps up because they've slipped off my shoulders while I'm running or now doing Zumba, and now apparently I need some tighter fitting yoga pants because mine are getting too loose and falling down...exposing my hot pink and zebra striped underoos, along with some more bras and underwear.

So now I'm off to have some supper and then break out the Jillian DVD...I may regret it but if I can walk through those doors at the gym today...I can swear work my way through a silly DVD! Lets do this ladies! We are worth every drop (or river) of sweat and every single "F*CK YOU JILLIAN!!!" that it takes to get to our weight loss goals! WOO!!!

7 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear you had fun at Zumba. I've tried a couple of classes and loved some and hated others depending on the instructor. It's great to do a workout that doesn't feel like a workout. I tried belly dancing once and think I got more of a workout from laughing so hard. Give Jillian a good F*U from me ;)

    Oh, and I've heard you shouldn't do anything but walk in those easytone type shoes because they throw off your stability so you definitely need to get some new kicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im going to go do zumba when I sign back up for the gym this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha - I was saying a couple of "F-You Jillian" 's this morning after Day 3 of "shredding it." Glad you had fun at Zumba!!! You've given me some wonderful inspiration to try a class at school. It's FREE for students so seriously - I have no excuse and I don't know what I am waiting for. I hear you on the sports bra thing! If you find a good brand for big boobs, let me know. Those jumping jacks make me feel like my boobs are going to give me a black eye.
    It really sounds like you are working the pounds away - I am happy I have finally found my motivation again. Thanks for being a great inspiration!!! I'm ready to sweat with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Ryka D shoes are great for Zumba. My insturctor swears by them. I have the easy tones also, they don't hurt my feet but I never noticed a difference. I did where them to zumba once and my legs were killing me afterwards and not in a good way.

    I am so glad that you liked zumba.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you like Zumba. You're going to love it more and more with each workout. Btw, I made the same mistake of wearing loose yoga pants when I went to my first couple of classes. Damn if I didn't have to keep yanking them up. Same thing with my bra. Thankfully I now have two "no budge" boob smashing sports bras. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rachellabelle - My Hips Don't LieAnd where would one get some of those boob smashing no budge sports bras...I must have them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower here !! I LOVE Zumba, I go once or twice a week, we have about 100 people in our class, all shapes & sizes. I never felt out of place once ! I also never sweated so dang much in my life either.

    ReplyDelete