LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, September 2, 2011

Motivation IV STAT

This week has sucked. I have had no motivation to get out there and exercise. I can only think of 2 days where I've gone for walks. Eating has been pretty good but I know that my body requires BOTH the exercise and eating well to lose weight. It makes me so mad to hear of those people (you know THOSE people) who can just eat right and kinda half ass it on the exercise and still post losses...although admittedly those people are few and far between (thank god or I'd have to smack somebody).

I should have got up this morning and got dressed immediately and gone for a walk but I just didn't feel like it. I had a hell of a night at work last night. Where I work is divided into 6 cottages of 12-18 residents, and as a nurse I'm responsible for 2 of the 6 cottages to give meds, assess, etc. But also as the RN I'm responsible for the entire building because I have 2 LPNs who are working in the other 4 cottages who rely on me if they need me. I also (theoretically) have 2 care aides who do the personal care for the residents and serve meals. Well last night I was short 2 of my care aides, and 1 of the care aides I did have was super new and...well lets just say isn't as efficient at her job as she could be. So needless to say I was crazy ass busy last night and came home exhausted. I then, instead of just going to bed, stayed up and watched the news, then watched the 2 recorded Big Brother's (So glad Shelly went home!) and poured myself into bed at about 1am. I woke up early to Chris rolling over and taking all the blankets with him and was kinda awake since then, finally getting out of bed at about 9 to just sit on the couch, read blogs and watch the price is right.

What the hell happened? I was so motivated a month ago...and I still am I guess. I still have the willpower to eat well, haven't even had a thought of drinking pop/soda, and really WANT to go for a walk...I just don't have the energy to get off my butt today, until I go to work at 3. I'm fully expecting to see a HORRIBLE weigh in this week. A gain? I doubt it. A loss? Perhaps a small one. I absolutely need to get back on track and quickly. I want to lose at least 10lbs a month (doable I think, at least for the time being). This being the beginning of September, thank goodness I have time to fix it. I lost over 12lbs last month so I'm on track there. Another thing that may save my butt is the 30 Day Shred challenge I'm starting with Miss April on the 12th (the day after my 2 year anniversary). If anybody else wants to partake in this 30 days of absolute torture fitness, email me at tarynmarchi(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll send you the schedule.

Also a big shout out to everybody participating in No Soda September. Lets do this! If we can go one month why not 2...or 3...or having 1 every 6 months as a treat!? It's not realistic to say "I'm never going to drink pop again!!" because...what else are you going to mix rum with?? You need Coke/Pepsi for that for sure! Haha. Anyways, I'm gonna wait for Chris to wake up and hopefully he'll help get me off my ass to go for a walk before work...or maybe I'll just paint my toenails...HAHA.

Tomorrow will be a busy day but hopefully full of lots of fun. Details on that Sunday probably with some awesome photos...Which reminds me! I need to charge the camera battery! Have a great weekend everybody!!!

13 comments:

  1. Taryn you are doing awesome. Work sucks the damn life out of you, lol...it does for me too. Being a nurse is really hard. You put EVERYONE ahead of yourself. But you can do this.

    Also NOOOOOOO I CAN'T GIVE UP SELTZER!!! I am dyinggggg to have one today. I have one chilling in my fridge and I almost grabbed it. AHH!

    I hope you have an excellent weekend. Try to relax a little bit! I think once you take time for yourself, you'll find that your motivation to get healthy will come back.

    Keep your eye on the prize ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what you should do? Get a pedometer. I bet you'll be shocked by the number of steps you are taking at work. You have one of the hardest jobs in the world -- no wonder you're tired when you get home. Hell, I was tired after 8 hours working in an office.

    Don't worry - I am in the same boat as you. I have to exercise, exercise and diet to lose any weight. I am super jealous of the people who don't have to exercise and just modify their eating. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been feeling sluggish lately the past couple days but im blaming it on my period since she showed up this morning hahah. i havent worked out at all yet today and i feel like taking a nap right now. blah! but in other news. HELL YEAH IM GLAD SHELLY WENT HOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all have moments like this. It will pass. Also I watch BB and I am soooo glad Shelley went home...cant stand her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with Sharon, we totally all have moments like these, hell, I had MONTHS like this... sadly, but truthfully, was out for two months!! Motivation comes in the weirdest ways and at the weirdest time. Just pep talk yourself. Sit infront of your mirror and give that girl looking back at you the speech you wanna give!! I tell the girl in the mirror to get off her ass and MOVE and sometimes she does, other times she will give me the bird, but will move later, so I tend to win. ;)

    But hang in there!! Plus, think of all the stuff you did at work, that is draining. Stay positive!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get 3 shots of rum when I go to a bar and a glass of ice water. I sip between the two for most of the night... unless I get stupid and drink all the shots at once then more then more. :( I'm an idiot some nights. But, I don't have as much of a hangover or dry mouth after doing the rum-ice water thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Motivation can be an elusive little bugger, right? But you are doing amazingly well so don't let this little blip in your motivation derail you! I agree with Rachellabelle that you DO have one of the hardest jobs out there and you probably log MILES at your job that you don't even realize. A pedometer at work is a great idea! BTW - I am seriously considering the 30 Day Shred Challenge with you and Miss April. I'll e-mail you later to get the details....but I must say that Jillian scares me. I feel like I am going to be incapacitated after her work out. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I *might* join in the 30 ds challenge. I've got to psych myself up for it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to be able to lose weight by diet alone. Of course I was young then and weighed very little.When I was young I could lose weight so easily. I guess the good news is that now we have to look at it as a lifestyle change, rather than the temporary ups and downs of weight loss. I understand having trouble exercising lately. Let me know if you find a cure for these low mojo times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am Def going to join in for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did I read and comment on this post and totally skip over the announcement of the challenge and link to my own freakin' blog?! I am awesome like that. Someone mentioned rum and I just lost all focus I guess. Well, now I'm offically caught up - again. I swear I'm not blonde! ;) JK

    ReplyDelete
  12. You work your ass off, and sometimes it is hard to get motivated. but you are doing awesome!! I'm pretty sure hosting a kick ass challenge is a step in the right direction!!

    ReplyDelete