LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, October 17, 2011

3 More Days...

3 more days, 3 more days, 3 more days until I'm officially on vacation from work and I don't have to think about that place for 12 gloriously wonderful days. Thank God! I need this sooooo bad. I do plan on spending 1 day in bed where I get up to pee, drink and eat...If I nap that's great, if not that's why there's TV! And I'm not even gonna feel the slightest bit guilty about it. The other days I plan on spending cleaning and going for wonderful walks and hanging out with my family. I just need to relax. And hopefully my twitchy eye goes away.

Tomorrow I have suuuuuch a busy day at work. I have to get what I normally would get done in 8 hours...in 5 because my last 3 hours are filled with meetings....yaaaaaaaay...I just love meetings (note the sarcasm!). Following that I have my "long change" where I don't have to work until evenings the next day. I'll get to sleep in, go for a walk before work, perhaps take the camera out as I did tonight (once I download the software for my new camera I will post some of the pictures I took today...lets just say they star a pirate ship and BOB).

I've been eating alright but I've been maaaajorly slacking on the exercise. And I know it's because I'm so damn tired. I was in need of vacation MONTHS ago...but I waited until I was ready to kill somebody...which is too late and I know that now. I need to take better care of my self emotionally. I have a hard job. Not so much physically demanding (I walk a LOT and I pick people up off the floor but I'm not doing CPR on a daily basis), but definitely emotionally and mentally draining. It's just hard to give everything you have to these people who become your family because in many cases you're all they have...their families don't visit, their spouses are dead, and they're losing their memories. But I've learned my lesson. I have to take care of myself or I'm not going to be able to take care of them the way they deserve to be taken care of. That being said I am still providing excellent care...it's just that I don't necessarily WANT to be there because I'm so exhausted. I'm not giving them 100% of me when I'm at work right now. Because I don't have it in me right now. I'm sure my vacation away from work will bring me right back to where I need to be. I've also decided that I will only post my weigh ins while on vacation because I want to focus on me during that time. Hope y'all understand.

As for now, I'm going to have a long hot leisurely bath to warm my toes that are so cold I feel like they could snap them off like an icicle if I try to bend them! Gnight all!

5 comments:

  1. Im mega jealous of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I totally get it. When I lived in Korea, we were allotted two vacations a year, five days each, and they came at the exact same time, one in summer, one in winter. I would CRAVE those days off...that's just too long to wait for a break! I'm glad you're getting yours in soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are few things better than the anticipation of a well needed and well deserved vacation. I know you will enjoy it so much! And I do understand how hard your job is - my Gram is at a nursing home and I see how people are constantly providing care and nurturing the patients there.
    Anyway - have a wonderful vacation! We'll see you on the flip side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vacations are amazing. I just got back from Vegas last night. I am tired, but I feel so refreshed - all at the same time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 more days! 3 more days! 3 more days!

    ReplyDelete