LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

And The Doctor Said...

I finally got in to see my doctor today. You guys can read the full story leading up to today's appointment here and here if you already don't know it.

I know you ladies know that your yearly appointment is the worst one ever, and to think that something may be wrong with your lady bits is TERRIFYING...You have no idea what was going through my head the last 6 days! My worst fear of course was cervical cancer...yes I know I'm young but it's not unheard of. So anyways, after not sleeping well for nearly a week, I'm sitting in the doctors office, trying not to burst into tears, fidgeting and sighing trying to keep my cool. The doctor walks in, takes one look at me and goes "relax everything is fine". I let out a huge sigh of relief...then I was mad. Fine...FINE???? Then why the hell am I here?? Turns out that I had an overgrowth of the normal bacteria that live there and need a course of antibiotics...AND YOU COULDN'T TELL ME THIS OVER THE PHONE AND CALL IN A  PRESCRIPTION!?!?!?!? I had to worry for days that I was going to die (ok ok maybe I'm a little over dramatic) and I just needed a stinkin antibiotic!? Irritating. But I'm fine...thank goodness.

Thanks all of you who sent me well wishes after my post this morning. I definitely appreciate it. Love you all!!! 24 hours until I'm on VACATION!!!!

10 comments:

  1. So happy to hear everything is fine Taryn! At least you can start your vacation without that hanging over your head :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that it's just a matter of some antibiotics. Drives me crazy too that they don't give results over the phone. I suppose they don't make money if we don't have an appointment to hear said results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! I had some undetermined cells come back on mine recently. They said it was nothing to worry about. Probably just*tmi* discharge coming back on the report. Of course it worried me when they called. glad your ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it turned out ok for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm delighted to hear that the news isn't as bad as feared. You can finally relax and enjoy your holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew! And if it's anything like Alberta, then no, they can't tell you that over the phone. Sorry you had to go through that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a relief! I had a similar situation this summer and to hear doctor's "everything is fine!" sounded like a music to my ears. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have shot someone if they put me through that, only to prescribe antibiotics. You could have had the antibiotics nearly finished in 6 days. Glad you're ok, but wow I'd be sooooo pissed. You're a better patient than I am, I would have thrown a mad fit. No, seriously. I have a couple nurses who fear my presence, and I plan on keeping it that way. :)

    ReplyDelete