LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy Needless Turkey Murder Weekend!

Hello all my fellow Canadians...Happy Thanksgiving weekend! I actually hate turkey dinner (just not fond of the rich food) so it's not too terrible for me. However give me a scoop of pumpkin pie filling (no crust please and thank you) and a dollop of fat free cool whip and I'm a happy girl haha (yes I know this is not allowed on my plan...damnit). I'm headed to my in laws in about an hour or so to have dinner...not sure if my sister in law and her husband will be there...I hope so I miss them...and I am praying to the diet gods that my MIL has made at least something I can eat.

I must admit last night I may just have had a small nervous breakdown. I am just coming to the realization about how much going to university for 4 years has cost me (my student loans and bank loans took care of my tuition and living costs while I was in school and I did not have to start paying them back until 1 year after graduation...and that 1 year was up in July). But I've sat down, calmed myself down and realized that it's really not the end of the world. I may just have to work 7 days a week and sell my first born! Any takers?? HAHA. Juuust kiddin! But I am thinking the finances stress, mixed with work stress and not seeing the results I wanted to on the scale last week are the major contributors to the twitchy eye that has plagued me for the past 2 weeks. But in the grand scheme of things, I have it pretty good so I'm going to stop complaining and look on the bright side.

Tomorrow starts another work week and I have picked up an extra shift (only an 8 hour and no travel time thank goodness) and I'm hoping I go back to work with a "your vacation for the end of the month was approved" note in my mailbox. That would really make my day. I truly do love my job but one can only work with dementia and not have a break before she snaps...And I don't want to be sitting in the corner of the shower rocking back and forth before I realize I may need some time off. And I have BIG plans for my time off let me tell you! I plan on cleaning this house from top to bottom, giving away every single toy that isn't broken but does not get played with, throwing out every single toy that is broken and sorting, folding and storing all child clothes that are too small, going through my closet and bagging up clothes I don't wear/are too big and just getting rid of junk. I think a clutter cleanse will help calm me as well. We also have a bit of winterizing we have to do in the yard so that'll get done then as well.

Anyways, I have a dinner to get to so I must bid you all adieu...Have a great night everybody!


5 comments:

  1. I totally am doing the same thing with the decluttering and cleaning your whole place. Just did MOST of it today, cleaned out a closet in our bedroom, and have a big old pile for goodwill. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needless turkey murder day is one of my favorites...I <3 turkey! :D I hope you have a good time!

    Your vacation plans sound AWESOME. I need to do this very badly. I have a garage full of boxes from LAST YEAR when I bought my house and moved in. And a closet full of clothes that are too big and, as I found out, some of the really old ones are missing buttons (embarassing).

    Have a good time tonight even if there was turkey murder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decluttering is so satisfying. Feels good to get a fresh start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please come over to the UK and declutter my place!!! I've got no holiday left until Christmas so there is no chance of me getting it done :(

    Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh school loans...I paid off my undergrad years ago but will now have a whole new batch of hell to deal with once I finish my masters. Ugh....don't remind me.
    Enjoy your cleaning process! When you are done, feel free to come over to my house! :-)

    ReplyDelete