LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Shift That Wouldn't End...

Happy Tuesday everybody! I'm spending my Tuesday morning attempting to recover from my day at work yesterday. I had absolutely NO problem getting up at 5:30 to be at work by 7 (I need time to wake up in the morning, plus shower and tame my hair...I tell yah, curly hair is not this girls friend, so it gets straightened daily with no exceptions) as it was a stat holiday and time and a half is this broke girls best friend. Well I was on my coffee break and I got the call heard round the world...I got asked to work a double as the evening shift nurse called in sick and because everybody who knew they'd be off on Thanksgiving Monday planned to have their dinners that day so Isobelle (the scheduling lady) got told to take a hike by everybody and I was the last person left. Hmmm 8 hours overtime on a stat? Let me think about that for a second...UM HELL YAH I'LL WORK! I was however regretting that decision at about 10pm and I'd been at work for 15 hours. I was exhausted! Now, simply due to the layout of my facility, you do a LOT of walking...and are on your feet the entire time you're not on your break...So even though I did not get to work out...I certainly did not slack off.

However, because I was not prepared to work that long so obviously I didn't have anything for supper packed. So I sent a text to my man begging him to bring me Subway for supper (he had worked night shift and was heading in for his last night shift so I knew he wouldn't feel like cooking anything). He agrees and goes to pick it up...Subway was closed! WTF don't they know that a girl needs healthy food when she's working a 16 hour shift and is on a diet. Bastards. Anyways, Chris ended up going to the deli at the grocery store and got me a turkey sandwich and some yogurt. Crisis averted.

When I got home I collapsed into bed and slept soundly...so soundly that when I woke up I realized that my back had stiffened itself into what felt like a back made of hardened concrete. However after getting up and getting moving and a few stretches it feels much better. I hope everybody is having a great day and I'm hoping that next week I can get back to a normal routine. Can't wait for Zumba on Thursday!!! And I'm really hoping I go back to my holiday approval at work!!!

5 comments:

  1. $$$$$$$$$$! WOO!

    Gotta love that money!

    And I'm glad you're in good spirits :D Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. money money money....money! That's a long day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want a subway now after reading this post! How dare they shut!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Money is a great motivator - you forget how tired you are and just plug on through. Oh, and I would say that working 16 hours and being on your feet all day is a calorie burner for sure - so THERE'S your work out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the money will be worth it. That's a hell of a long day. You are a machine! :)

    ReplyDelete