LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, November 5, 2011

More Complaining

Feel free to skip this post if you don't want to hear any whining! I have had an awful week at work. I am getting so goddamn sick of that place. The only thing is...I cant bear to even think about leaving my residents...They are all so awesome and I love each and every one of them (yes some days are frustrating with difficult behaviors but...that's long term care nursing). And basically...There are no other full time jobs, so if I want to be able to pay my bills and eat...I'm stuck. We've had BOTH staff cutbacks and wage cuts in the last year and because of that...work sucks. The big wig of the company came in the other day and basically sat there and said "there's nothing I can do" and "my hands are tied" about 100 times...Don't really know what the whole point of him coming was...just pissed everybody off even more.

On top of work being super shitty, the cutest pup in the entire world has decided to also be the cutest pup in the entire world that doesn't want to sleep! He's up 2-3 times a night and by 6am hes UP for the day...Chris and I are both tired and frustrated and we need to figure out something that works to make him sleep!!! Last night was better...we set up his pen in the kitchen so that if he woke up he could wander around a little bit at least but at 4:30 he decided he was lonely and cried...so I got up and cuddled him and gave him some food and water then went back to bed...didn't work. As soon as I left he started crying again so I was just gonna leave him cuz I knew he would figure it out that crying doesn't get him what he wants...but he continued on and I ended up getting up at about 5:45 with him and he's only had short naps since then.

I have absolutely sucked on the diet and exercise front lately...I've gotta get back on track here. I've really been struggling since I got off holidays because of all the work shit. After I finish dealing with all that crap I'm just exhausted (and Harley not sleeping doesn't help!)...I need some motivation. And soon...

Sorry for the depressing post. Hope everybody is doing better than I.

4 comments:

  1. Puppies are like babies in that way. As soon as you lay a baby in its crib they start to cry, then when you pick them up and cuddle they fall a sleep. Maybe your puppy could sleep on your bed, they love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest whether you had any rules on your puppy staying in your room. Also, not sure if this will help but a friend told me that he's dog used to cry a lot at night so he put a jumper in with the dog, for it to cuddle up to, and the dog relaxed a bit more probably because of the comforting scent on the clothing. Might be worth a try?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We spend so much time at work, it's awful when your job sucks. You may be stuck now, but another job will come up. Just keep focusing on the residents that love and appreciate all the hard work you are doing.

    Never had a puppy, but it's gotta be a phase, he's not always going to be getting up so often!!

    ReplyDelete