LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, November 17, 2011

You Know You're Canadian When...

1) Your dinner gets delayed because your other half is stuck at work because of the road closures due to the freak November snow storm
2) You don't need to go to a gym after shoveling the driveway covered in heavy wet snow (but you do anyways)
3) Despite the snowfall warnings, you haven't bought a shovel yet because you know you'll be able to make it to the store despite the ridiculous amount of snow on the roads
4) It takes you 10 minutes from the time you leave the house until you get in the car because you have to dig it out
5) It starts snowing 20 minutes after you finish shoveling the driveway

So that was the last 24 hours at my house! Hope everybody else is having a fantastic day! Let me tell you...shovelling snow is a great workout...weight training and cardio mixed into one! Even so, I'm still heading to Zumba tonight with my friend Laura (I may have threatened her with bodily harm to ensure she was coming as she's bailed on me 1 too many times). So excited!

Don't forget to watch/set your TiVo, DVR, PVR, VCR if you're old school, to record Dr. Oz tomorrow (check your local listings for times!)!!! Katie @ Runs For Cookies is on the show to show off her amazing transformation. Man, she worked hard and is such an inspiration. Currently she's at home recovering from having a tummy tuck and lower body lift to get rid of her excess skin (and looks phenomenal 2 days post op by the way). She is absolutely amazing. I highly suggest you check out her blog if you haven't already. I know my PVR is set (stupid work!!! I wanna call in sick just so I can be home to see it as it airs!) and so very very excited to see it. I've seen several previews as well as watched Dr. Oz on Rachael Ray the other day and my excitement has just grown! One day that'll be me...Not necessarily on Dr. Oz even though that'd be really really cool, but being able to show off my body and all the hard work that I've done.

I'm getting so excited for Christmas. We have bought nearly all our lights (for those of you who don't know, I just moved into the house I live in so this is the first time I get to decorate more than just the tree) and outside decorations and they'll be going up on Tuesday. Chris was bound and determined that he would not be hanging lights this year...but when you tell a 3 year old that Santa won't find her unless the house has Christmas lights on it and she gets all upset...daddy agrees *insert evil laugh here* Can't wait to see my house all decked out for the holiday season. The only bummer about it being the Christmas season is that I love to bake Christmas goodies. Seriously, usually mid November I'm a shortbread baking, chocolate making nut...but not this year. This year is going to be different. The cookies, chips, dips, chocolates, crackers, cheese and meats will be replaced with veggies and fruits...Now all I have to do is avoid every other person on this planets house until January 2nd! I will probably bake sugar cookies with the kiddo but those will promptly be packed up and sent to Chris's work.

What is everybody else's plan for avoiding the treats that come at this time of year? What kind of snacks will you put out for guests? Does anybody have any good and healthy snack recipes so that I don't have to give up my love of being in the kitchen baking up a storm? Any and all suggestions are welcome and will be helpful.

4 comments:

  1. WISH it would snow here. It's just rains...

    Have fun decorating your house. You will love it!!

    Keep focused!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I'm in Florida and it's still in the high 70's here. No snow for us ever.

    And I don't have cable so I'm very sad that I won't be able to watch the Dr. Oz show with Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a follower of Katie too and I'm so excited for her.
    I'm a HUGE Christmas freak, so I am super excited. Have a great time decorating! If I'm being honest, I really don't try to avoid the sweets, because I'm constantly baking during the holidays. I just eat the in moderation and I make deals with myself that connect the sweets to working out....like extra time for every piece I eat or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas too. I always hope for a white Christmas as I love how newly fallen snow looks on the ground and trees, but hate shovelling the stuff. I agree with you, shovelling is an excellent workout!!

    ReplyDelete