LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, December 23, 2011

Another Day Another Dollar

I've completely had it with work this week. Just one day I would like my shift to go smoothly. Last night everything was going swimmingly and  I was even trying to get some stuff done for the nurse that was going to have an admission this morning. As I was sitting there doing some of the paperwork, the LPN I work with walks up beside me and whispers in my ear that another of our residents had passed. That's the 3rd in less than 48 hours...and the worst part was that they were all out of the same cottage.

It's not the actual work that's exhausting at all. It's the mental part. Having to say goodbye to people that you have cared for, become to love and have essentially become part of your family is draining. You develop a relationship with each and every one of them and then to have to do your job and attempt to turn off those emotions is harder than you know. Yes, it's part of the job, and yes that's what I signed on for, but it doesn't make it easy. So anyways, that's been my week so far. I have 1 more shift tonight and then I'm off for 3 (I took an extra this week coming...what was I thinking!?)

There will be a short post tomorrow with a weigh in so look for that. I hope everybody that is setting out on their holiday travels is safe.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your well needed days off. Sorry to hear the news about the other residents passing away :(

    ReplyDelete