LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's A Nice Day To RUN!!

Alright, I've been talking these past few weeks (and, really, since I started this blog) about starting to run. Well today was that day. I went downstairs to hop on the treadmill for a little bit and actually started doing just that, when I stopped and thought to myself "what the hell are you doing Taryn? You're home, you're already on the treadmill, the app is cheap, why not?". So I quickly downloaded the app and started it. The first 3/4 I was fine but the last 2 runs I was just dreading hearing the music lower and the guy say "run now"...but that's neither here nor there because even though I was tired and just wanted to stop...I didn't. The old me would have said "screw it" and quit but that's not me anymore. I've definitely changed in some big ways. To be honest, the old me would have not even gone downstairs today. I woulda sat on my butt and watched TV and ate, and gone for a 4million calorie Starbucks, and watched more TV. Thank goodness that girl is gone.

I'm feeling so much better after the past week of feeling like crap. My energy is coming back. I am also completely done my Christmas shopping, everything is wrapped and I'm ready. Just to actually get to the day. I think the kiddo is going to be a happy girl...a very happy girl. I'm so excited because we have her Christmas eve and into Christmas day, then to be back at her mom's by 2pm that afternoon. It'll be so much fun!

I hope that everybody is having a great weekend so far, I know I am!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That's impressive! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO Taryn! So proud! Are you using the C25K Program?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kristin Yes I am! This one is an 8 week C25K one though...but I have a feeling I may take longer than 8 weeks

    ReplyDelete