LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Jesus, Mary And Joseph...

...and I ain't making a Christmas reference. I just finished day 2 of the C25K and I swear it's gonna kill me. I got a stitch in my side after the 3rd run interval and I just wanted to be done. But I pushed through and finished it...and here's a sweaty picture to prove it (nothing beats your head itching because there's sweat dripping through your hair)...


Don't adjust your computer screens, my face really was that red
I gotta say that I look damn good for just working out after getting up at 5am and working an 8 hour day!
Haha. Although, you can see the bags under my eyes. Anyways, back to the topic at hand...

I'm not sure how I feel about this program yet. I find it fun and challenging but I really think I'm going to have a love-hate relationship with it. I'm not sure that I'll be ready to progress to week 2 when I'm supposed to. I might have to do week 1 once (or twice) more. I thought I was getting more fit....I mean, give me an hour long Zumba class and I can breeze through it fairly easily but this is hard for me. I could walk on the treadmill for like 4 hours straight if i wanted to (but who would want to?!). But I find running for 1 minute difficult. I hope I look back on this post in 8 weeks and shake my head because by that point I'm able to run for a half hour straight but it just seems so far out of reach right now. However, that does not mean I'm going to give up. I am going to finish this program if it kills me...which it just might.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to do day 1 again just to get a workout in, then it's on to day 3 on Thursday followed by a Friday weigh in...here's hoping that I see some big results on the scale or I might just lose my damn mind!

4 comments:

  1. I started running a year and a half ago and I started running for one minute and walking for one minute for 20 minutes, it was so hard for me. I pushed and pushed. Last May I ran mu first half marathon. Keep at it you can do it do not give up. Once the weight starts to melt away it will get easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried a few different C25K podcasts before finding the one that best suited me. One of them had a really annoying man talking me through the C25K programme and his voice just annoyed me so I found a different one which also had some good music to run too and it really helped me progress.

    Keep pushing yourself, I remember struggling for 1 minute runs and wanting to kill myself afterwards but it gets so much easier the more you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taryn, you are doing such an awesome job! I remember thinking that I wasn't ready to progress to the next week a few times when I was doing C25K but I made a pact with myself that I would always try day one of the next week and if I really couldn't do it then I would repeat the previous week. My body consistently surprised me and I found I didn't need to repeat any weeks. You are going to rock this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the c25k too and I found that I needed to repeat the first 3 weeks(I wasn't ready to move on to the next week so I just did it again and found that after two weeks of doing it I was ready to move on) I was scared to move onto week 3 and was told to just do it and if I couldn't run the whole time just do what I could. well it turned out that I could do it, so just give it a try.

    ReplyDelete