LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Maybe I CAN Do This!

Today was the day I had to face my fear and attempt week 2 of my C25K program. I was more than a little worried. I had trouble running for 1 minute and now they were bumping me up to having to run for a minute and a half...nice wish you devil of an app you...but I promised myself I would at least attempt it before resigning myself to repeating week one. Looking back on my blogs I re-read one where I had underestimated myself with a challenge I gave myself at the beginning of this journey and I was determined to not let this happen yet again. So downstairs I went, iPod in hand, strapped on my lovely New Balance runners (the best running shoes in my humble opinion), and hopped on the treadmill. I did my 5 minute warm up walk and as I watched the time tick down to the beginning of the first 1.5 minute run interval I got a little panicky. The little dude said "start running now" I cussed and started running. I completed week 2 day 1 and was actually kinda surprised at how...dare I say easily I progressed through the intervals. That's not saying I didn't find it challenging but I felt as though I pushed and pushed and just when I felt like I couldn't push anymore, it was the end of the interval and it was time to walk. Here's my week 2 sweaty picture! Pardon the gross hair and no makeup!


Still smiling!

I looked at some other C25K programs which are 9 weeks, and the one I'm doing is an 8 week program so I'm thinking it's going to push me to progress faster. Which is OK with me, because I'm completely open to repeating weeks if I need to. I'm not in a race. I'm in this to change my life and push myself beyond what I thought I could do. I'm in this to prove something to myself. I could care less what other people think of me. I am me and I'm pretty proud of the person I've turned out to be. I'm an intelligent, educated woman who takes care of a family and a household. I am figuring out how to drop these (many) extra pounds and live healthily and most importantly, I'm being me and doing it MY way. I am not about to limit myself to salad and grilled chicken breast for the next year because I'd probably want to slit my wrists. There's one thing that Katie has said time and time again in her blog, to not make any changes you aren't willing to live with for the rest of your life. Am I willing to commit to never ever eating another cupcake in my life? Nope! So why would I say that while I'm on this journey I'm never allowed to eat a cupcake. As long as it's not a daily thing and I don't go completely overboard and eat properly 99% of the time and continue to work out, there's no point in beating myself up for it.

Now to clarify my last post about my weigh in. I did write this in a comment on that post but I know everybody may not have read it. I was absolutely devastated because I had peeked at the scale earlier in the week and had seen 288.8 (which would have been a 3.1 lb loss), so I was expecting to at least see that as I had continued to work my butt off the rest of the week. So that's why I was upset. But I need to look at the bright side and recognize that 1.3 lbs is still awesome! Just imagine 1.3 lbs of butter that is no longer on my body! I have now lost over 25lbs and am on my way to my next goal marker! And no matter how long it takes, I will make it!

Thank you all for your love and support! You all definitely have my recommendation to be on Santa's nice list!

8 comments:

  1. There is no 'maybe'. You absolutely can do this, doll. You're.Worth.It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You WILL do it!! Keep up the great work! Love the sweaty pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job!!! I love the C25k program- keep it up and before you know it you will get to the last workout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are totally in a awesome place right now and I KNOW you will continue to stay positive and you WILL reach all your goals! Keep it up, you are truly inspriring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 25lbs is amazing! You're doing great. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job girlfriend....keep it up, it only gets easier with determination....which I know you have!!!

    ReplyDelete