LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Spring Chick Challenge

I have never signed up for a challenge like this before and it took me a couple of days to decide whether I wanted to or not...But I figured what the hell...the only thing I have to lose is (hopefully) pounds and inches! Soooo here goes my introduction I guess (feel free to skip this if you know me, this is for any new followers I get or have gotten recently that don't "know" me yet!)



My name is Taryn, I'm a 25 year old, registered nurse at a long term care facility, from a small town in south eastern British Columbia. I'm fat...there's no other way to put that I guess. My weekly weigh in will be tomorrow (completely by accident that my weigh in happened to land on New Years Day). I'm fully expecting to see a gain tomorrow as I've eaten like CRAP and have not worked out this week...awful I know, but I blame work! We've had a rocky and emotional past couple weeks where we've had a few...read 6...of our beloved residents pass away, a few who are actively passing away and just last night I sent one of our residents to hospital after a fall and she has broken her hip...and at 89 years old, they don't usually recover from that. I know that these are excuses and I need to make time to focus on myself, so that's what I think this challenge will help me do. I will be starting the new year out right.

I don't have twitter, nor do I link my personal facebook to my blog very often, so I'm going to leave that part out.

OK on to the required topics...

My NSV - To finish my C25K program
Exercise - To exercise at least 4 days per week. This will include a combo of C25K workouts, Zumba, walking and my new ifit chips for my treadmill.
Nutrition - To track my food intake in a food journal and bump up my H20 intake (and to not skip breakfast because I'm too busy!)

I will post my starting weight tomorrow and my goal weight will to be 250lbs which will be approximately 40lbs down in 3 months (ambitious I know but shoot for the sky I say!)

So that's me...I hope to get to know all of you and that we are all successful this next few months!!! Here we go!

9 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck:) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will do well in this challenge together Taryn, it seems to be a great group of people supporting each other already'! :) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post encouraged me to sign up for the challenge. Can't wait to see how we all do! Thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck on the challenge hon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best with the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward in following you during this Challenge Nice to see a fellow Canadian on board as well :) I'm From The other side :) New Brunswick to be Exact :) Will Follow you thru this journey and beyond :) good luck your goals are very reasonable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to doing the challenge with you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome challenge! Do you use 3FC at all? They have great challenges posted all the time, and you can join other women in trying to reach them!

    ReplyDelete