LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, December 12, 2011

Take A Deep Breath And....ZUMBA!!!

Ok kids...As a fat girl, I obviously have some confidence issues. I totally don't like being in social situations where I don't know anybody. That being said...I had a huge NSV today. I went to Zumba even though I knew none of my friends were going. I was nervous but I still went. THEN to make a scary situation even more awful....it wasn't my regular Zumba instructor and I didn't know most of the routines....SHIT. But I hung around (I mean I'd paid for the class so I'd better stay!) and I actually had fun and got my sweat on...how could I not when the first song was "sexy and I know it" by LMFAO.

I'm actually quite proud of myself for staying for the class. Even though I really just wanted to leave. I just really really didn't wanna have to do a C25K tonight haha. I'm soo tired. My sleep is really affected by the moon phases and we just had a full moon the other night so I haven't been sleeping much lately. Last night it took me until at least midnight to fall asleep, then I woke up when Chris came to bed, then I was pretty much up from them on...and WIDE awake before my alarm was set to go off at 5:15am. I hope to hell I sleep well tonight. I kinda wanna go to bed now but Harley doesn't seem ready to go to bed...he's busy playing.

A couple people were asking me how the C25K is and basically all I can say is "we'll see". I did Day 1 twice. I can make it through a Zumba class for an hour at a fairly high intensity level but ask me to run for 1 minute and by the end of it I'm definitely counting down the seconds until I can start walking again. Hopefully the gradual increase really helps me build up endurance. I know for a fact my endurance is a LOT better than it used to be. I could barely walk 500ft up a hill on day 1. But now I can take on youbitch hill (look back to my first posts if you don't know what that is!), come home and still have energy to do whatever I need to do. It's not a big deal anymore. I love getting sweaty. Yeah you feel all gross but its a good gross. I never used to be this girl...what the hell?! But I'm glad I'm this girl now. I like her. I think I'll keep her around for a bit

Check back tomorrow for a C25K update!!!


This is not my class...similar routine though :)

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you stayed in the class and had fun. I'm currently trying to get back into c25k, so we'll see how it goes lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to try Zumba. I might have to go look for a dvd though, like you I am not sure I can shake my "buisness" infront of complete strangers;) Best of luck on your training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so much fun, I haven't done Zumba in forever, my favorite teacher moved and haven't found another that I like. I know I am a Zumba snob. Have a great day and good luck with C25K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep working on the running, it's tough at first. Might I recommend a program that is, in my opinion, much better than the C25K? Check out Bradgansberg.com. He has a running program (free) that is awesome. He gives you the schedule weekly and has weekly videos to help you along the way. He only asks that you check in with him weekly, via emial, which is awesome because he really is "there" for you and helps SO MUCH. At the very least, email him and get some info. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Ive missed you too!!! So glad your keeping up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on week 2 of the C25K, I totally get the can't run thing, lol. I ended up doing week 1 twice because the first week was a joke. Plus I had to wait a whole week to start week 2 because of my knee thing. But I'll officially be starting week 2 this weekend! And I'm very excited. I find going out for my run alone at night gives me that time to just be me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OM-freaking-G! I have just watched that video and i dont understand how people remember all the moves!!!

    I'll stick to doing BUMBA which is sitting on my bum and dancing in my seat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Tim If you do it every week, or twice a week depending on your work schedule, it gets engrained into you. I also have an awesome instructor who let's you know what's coming up. She's awesome

    ReplyDelete