LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

This feels good!

I just finished Week 2 Day 2 of C25K and I'm absolutely exhausted...and it feels great!!!! I am growing to like the feeling of tired muscles and sweat dripping. However, I don't feel as though I gave it 100% tonight. I don't think I have 100% to give at all today. I have had an absolutely hellish week so far at work...and I'm only half done.

Yesterday I was so busy I didn't even get a break and today was only slightly better. I started my day off at 4:45 when I woke up and then realized I still had a half hour to sleep...but I knew if I fell asleep for the half hour I'd feel like crap when my alarm went off. When I got to work I was surprised to learn that all the residents that are currently in the process of passing away were still with us but another had taken a turn for the worse (it's the time of year...nursing homes see an influx of deaths in December/January and July/August). I got going with my day...and half way through doing morning pills I got a call that the resident who took a turn for the worse had passed away and I had to go pronounce him, do the death certificate, call the doctor and the family, etc, etc, etc. By the time I got back to finishing my pills I was nearly an hour behind schedule...and I had an admission that came before I was finished. Finally at 12:30 I got to sit down and eat some soup.

Needless to say that by the time I got home I was done, but I still pushed myself to do my workout. And thank goodness I did. Now I'll sleep better, feel better, and most importantly, can do a different workout tomorrow!

I'm soooo looking forward to my work week being over. And of course for Santa to get here. Chris has been teasing me with what my present is for what seems like forever now...and I wanna know!! HAHAHA...I got him an awesome present though...its a.......



Oooops...sorry honey, I almost forgot you read my blog *wink*

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that does sound like a great deal of stress at work. Glad you got your workout in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I just recently found your blog. I'm a nurse at a Long Term Facility too!

    Working 12 hour shifts is HARD WORK. Sometime I feel like I'm not going to make it through the day.

    I'm back full force on my blog. I keep leaving it but now understand I need to vent and somewhere to be accountable.

    It's been hard at "The Home" during the holidays..all the families want to feed the nurses hahahha.

    Thank you for such a GREAT blog that I can relate to!

    Smile Bunches Today,

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Maggie It's a tough job isn't it? Last winter we lost 36 of our beloved residents (in a 92 bed facility). Thank goodness this year doesn't seem to be as bad but we do currently have 4 palliatives (that I know of anyways...it may have changed since I left yesterday of course). I'm lucky that I can seem to avoid the treats. Our facility is divided into 6 "cottages" of 12-18 people and the families usually send the treats to the cottages, not directly to the nurses...so we get the leftovers which are all the gross stuff or stuff that is 7 days old haha.

    I have become a follower of your blog and look forward to following you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a rough day!! I can't imagine having your job. You are one strong lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second that comment. You're a tough cookie.

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks...I try but sometimes it's just mentally exhausting

    ReplyDelete