LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ugggggh...WTH

Ok...I officially hate mother nature today. Boys, look away, this post ain't for you, trust me. You've been warned.

Ok...As I've posted about before, I have PCOS which is characterized by things like heavy, long, irregular, weird, horrible, awful periods, infertility, weight gain blah blah blah. I have a fairly severe case of it where I'd have a period for 3 months and boy oh boy let me tell you they were heavy...I'd become severely anemic, have absolutely no energy and literally would just want to hide under the covers because I felt so yucky. For most people, starting the birth control pill (BCP) would at least slow down the periods and regulate them somewhat. For me however, I have a genetic disorder that makes blood clots more likely...which of course is one of the side effects of the BCP, so I can't take it. After much discussion with my family doc and a gynecologist, we made the decision to put in an IUD. I got the Mirena IUD put in in February of 2009. It only took a couple months and my periods were "normal" and a couple months after that they STOPPED *angels singing*. Every once in a while I'd get a little spotting, a back ache, bloating, bitchiness, etc, etc, etc...but NOTHING like before. Until 3 days ago...I was spotting a little bit and now I actually have a freakin period and cramps to boot...I forgot how much this sucks!!! it's been over a year since this has happened. I'm crabby and miserable and emotional (Katelyn knows all about that...I unloaded my emotions on to her...good news friend, I know what caused the tears!!!). The only good news is that I was so tired last night I slept like a baby!

So there yah have it...Mother nature sucks, I feel like crap, but I got some sleep! HAHA...

8 comments:

  1. So I started to read this post just because you told us men not too and then I stopped reading because I then realised why you told us men to stop reading.

    All I can say is i'm sending you *big e-hugs*

    :D

    I'll definitely listen to your warnings in future ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tim Bwahahahaha Tim!!! I told you to not read it!!! So if you're emotionally scarred is all your fault! I never tell a lie! Yeeeesh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have irregular and heavy periods for a very long time. I had a cyst close to the size of a football removed in 2004. Things were still completely out of control for about a year. I went on the pill for a long while to regulate that bitch Aunt Flo. I have been off birth control pills or anything else for about 2.5 years. It's wonderful. Everything is on schedule, 3 days of ugh with the middle day being pretty heavy. But, it's all predictable. I know what's going to happen.

    I feel your pain with the wicked bleeding and anemia. I am anemic for other reasons and I used to have to get blood transfusions after a heavy period. I'd be half dead, literally.

    Hope you feel better. I didn't do anything in particular after getting everything 'normal'. My body was just ready to quit being an internal train wreck I guess. Nice when that works out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally sympathize with this. And I am here to unload whenever you need it. Hormones SUUUUUCK! AHHHHH!

    I love you and feel better soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( This sucks Taryn. I hope it passes quickly... Glad you had a good nights sleep though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awful, awful. I can't imagine having heavy periods for months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya, Taryn! I have PCOS, too, and I have almost every single awful symptom that comes with it! Obesity, hirsutism, insulin resistance, thinning hair on the scalp, acne, and I didn't have periods for years, but then I started taking Metformin, and I now have regular monthly periods, but they are so heavy and gross!!! I hate it!! I sure wish there was a cure for PCOS!

    ReplyDelete