LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Week 1 Done!

I have to say I am awesome. I have stuck to the C25K program for a week (yes all of you who have done it and know that the worst is yet to come can laugh now and shake your head). This is a really big deal to me as so far I start out the workout excited and then by half way through I'm cursing myself for starting it and wanting to quit. I find that if I don't really enjoy something I don't want to do it. So...sticking with something that I'm not completely in love with yet is a big deal. I feel like I've done so bad this first week that I'm terrified of next week, but I'm going to take Kristin's advice and at least attempt week 2 before I resign myself to having to start over because I suck (I mean how destructive is that thinking!?). And if I do find that week 2 is undoable for me, I'm not going to be ashamed to have to go back. At least I'm doing this and trying something new and burning calories in the process!

Today I have really worked my butt off so far. I went outside and shovelled our driveway (all in all took me about a half hour), then immediately went down to do the C25K, and I will soon be heading up to get ready for work. I have worked out more than I ever have so far (5 days this week!!!) and I have eaten just as I have been since starting this journey. Unfortunately because I work tonight I can't go to Zumba and I'm sad. So I should see some results....right? Tomorrow is weigh day and seeing as how I've done pretty much everything I can, I should see some results on the scale...right? Well here's hoping and I will post about that tomorrow. Have a great day everybody!

4 comments:

  1. You are doing such a fantastic job Taryn :) I was the same with each day... I would start and then I would get to the halway point and be screaming out swear words in my head, wondering why the hell I was putting myself through this! But as the weeks went by and I could see myself getting better and better I realised THAT was why I was doing it... I hope Week Two is good to you and if not, as you said, there is not an ounce of shame in giving week one another shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you! I tried the C25k and that was so not for me! NOT AT ALL!! Even if you don't see what you are looking for on the scale, you are moving, burning calories, and building muscle all at the same time and that is really important!!

    Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! I felt the same way when I did the C25K program. I'd be cussing myself for starting the dang program because I hated it so much - it was so hard, BUT I made it through the whole 9 weeks! I didn't think it would be possible for me to run for 30 minutes straight weighing 225 pounds, but I did it! You'll surprise yourself, Taryn, so stick with it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete