LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

C25K Ain't Got Nuthin' On That B!tch

Of course I'm talking about Miss Jillian Michaels herself. Chris got me the Jillian ifit chips for the treadmill for Christmas and tonight was the first night I tried them out. The first workout was only 20 minutes. Sounds doable right? Especially when C25K is at least 28 and you're running for parts of it. Well let me tell you that the cuss words that were muttered in the basement hadn't been said in a while. It started out all well and good but she kept increasing the speed and before I knew it I was walking at 3.4mph at a 7% incline!!! All I have to say is "ouch". Right now my ass and quad muscles are quivering and I've been done my workout for nearly half an hour! I also burned more calories doing ifit than I do doing C25K (hmmm ridiculous incline is effective). However...That does not mean I'm going to give up doing C25K at all. I think I will alternate them. I'm gonna put some miles on that treadmill this challenge let me tell you!

If you read my post earlier today you know that I have to tweak my "nothing but water" rule, but other than my 1 cup of tea/coffee per day...I haven't cheated at all!

I remembered my vitamin this morning (but forgot it yesterday)...I think that the key to remembering is to put a spot on my food log where I can put a check mark to show myself that I've taken it, or remind me that I still need to.

We haven't eaten the healthiest dinners so far this week...but nothing horrible either and I've been attempting to keep my portions under control.

Today was Harley's first trip to the groomer. Man did he make me feel like a terrible momma. He knew something was up when we packed him into the car. He was whining and shaking and clinging to me, and he was shaking like a leaf and giving me those sad eyes when I handed him over to the groomer. Then we went to the store next store to buy him a bag of dog food and I could hear him crying through the wall. Seriously brought tears to my eyes cuz I felt so awful. But he was a hot mess...he needed the groomer sooo bad. When we went to pick him up he curled right into my armpit and didn't come out until we got home, then he was excited to see us. He was not a happy pup. But as promised here are the before and after pics of my little man. He was so cute all ragamuffiny...



Peekaboo...I...can't really see you!


Ahhh no more running into walls for me momma


17 comments:

  1. Oh wow what a cutie. The workout you did sounds great, the ifit chips just plug into your treadmill ? I've never heard of that before but it sounds really cool. I find incline deadly too but it's good for my transition to walking and running outdoors, I find the changing inclines and uneven ground an uncomfortable challenge!
    Sounds like you're doing good and on the right track so keep up the good work! Best wishes xx

    - DS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you just have the cutest dog! I think he looks just as cute after the grooming! :) And the not running into walls is practical :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... Wish I had a puppy like that. :-) Walking on the incline is really good for your quads. I usually walk at a 5% - 10% incline on the treadmill.

    Enyonam @ http://transitioningto143.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Jillian is an evil, evil woman. I have her 30 day shred DVD.....that's no picnic either! My elliptical is equipped for iFit, but I haven't plucked up the courage to buy the cartridge yet!!!!
    Harley looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok i am wanting to seriously steal that little dog!!! He is SO cute. ;)
    I may have to look into that tape. I walk on my treadmil in front of the TV. So her tape is meant for the treadmill. Cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harley is such a cutie!! And you are doing awesome! I think I'm going to pop Jillian Michaels in the face for the pain I'm in after 30DS today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OM Goodness, what a cute puppy bear! Before and after grooming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable pics of the doggie! And way to go on the treadmill workout. The incline is a real calorie burner so keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh too cute!! love him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too Cute he can definitely seee now :) haha Sounds like your doing good for your first week of the Spring chick Challenge, Those are the kinds of works out I love, Its weird but i love feeling pain from A work out makes me feel like iv done something lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. @illiterate Yeah my treadmill came equipped with ifit. and the little chip goes right into the treadmill (the chips look like camera memory cards). It changes the speed and incline automatically so you're free to worry about your workout...and you get to have jillian telling you you're awesome while you do it haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Fatoutofskinny I have the 30DS as well...I'm not friends with it...HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Karla It's not a "tape" or DVD...its a little memory chip that you instert right into the treadmill (your treadmill has to be equipped with ifit) and it automatically changes the incline and speed so you can just focus on your workout.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dog is so cute:). I actually put my vitamin on my spark page in a misc meal section.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously, one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen!!

    Great job on the workout!! 7% incline - ouch!!!!

    ReplyDelete