LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

I Have Learned An Important Lesson

So as you can imagine, life in a house with a 3 year old and a fairly new puppy can be kinda crazy. My stepdaughter is the cutest little munchkin in the whole world but sometimes her curiosity and her being an only child gets her into trouble. As an only child, she seems to think that everything she likes is hers, and will just take it...some of you may see where I'm going here...

I was getting ready this morning because Chris and I (whom by the time he goes back to work will have been off for nearly 3 weeks!!! Lucky boy) were going to go see if we could find any more pictures to put in our newly furnished living room. I showered, did my hair, got dressed, brushed my teeth, TOOK MY VITAMIN!!!...then went to leave, stopping just outside my bedroom door and turning around because I had forgotten to put on my ring. I went to my nightstand which is where I ALWAYS put my ring when I take it off...Not there...I go into my bathroom which is the only other place I would put my ring...Not there...Now the panic starts to set in...I start to rip my night stand apart, check under the bed, lift up the nightstand, and check under and behind it, shake out the pajamas that were on the floor right there to see if I'd accidentally knocked it off...Not anywhere...Oh no...

So Chris comes up to see what is taking me so long and he sees the worry on my face and immediately says "what did you lose?" (he knows me too well)...So I fess up that I can't find my ring...we start ripping the upstairs apart looking for it...Can't find it anywhere...Did the dog eat it?? Chris goes out to check the poops in the backyard to see if he can see it...Nope...We start ripping the kids bedroom and play room apart...and after approximately 30 minutes I pick up her toy fire truck and hear a few rattles...I look inside and there is my diamond ring...HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF...Thank Christ we found it...I was losing my mind. Obviously my ring means so much to me and the thought of not having it brought me to tears.

So lesson learned...ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS put your ring in its box and put it in a drawer away from 3 year old little fingers...And hope to hell that this is not a sign of what's to come...I don't know that I want to take back merchandise that my little klepto stepdaughter has gotten her sticky fingers on.


On another note, I have attempted to eat with my left hand as per the mini challenge and holy is that difficult. Not only did I drop nearly everything, it took forever to eat! I'm just not ambidextrous. At least I tried it. I have remembered my vitamin every single day this week and I've tracked my food. I have not exercised as of yet this week...I know BAD...I do plan on going onto the treadmill tonight. It is Chris's birthday on the 14th so tomorrow I'll likely be baking his cake but I will still get some exercise in and I'm definitely going to Zumba on Monday. I have also been doing well with my water challenge and have not broken those rules yet either. Whew! Hopefully my week is much less stressful than last week at work, and scores less stressful than the 30-45 minutes I spent looking for my ring today. Back to work tomorrow...

12 comments:

  1. So glad you found your ring! As long as you know what you need to be doing, you'll get there. Keep your eye on the prize and I know you can be whoever you want to be. xx

    - DS

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is constantly losing my things and my daughters are constantly wearing my shoes...can't win;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happen to my sister she lost her ring at the gym she went looking back the next day to see if she could find it there on the floor etc.. she went to the front desk and some girl was like " i found this on the stairs" and it was her engagement ring! she was so relieved she had cried for literally 4 hours strait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait...are you engaged too? And yep, my 3 year old tried to steal three packs of gum in Wal-Mart just last month. The cashier pointed it out to me. I'm trying to pay and he's stealing!! Kids, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little 6 year old cousin takes my things without realizing it and it always happens to be jewelry.
    Btw, how is Zumba? I heard about it but never really looked into it much.

    Meg
    Undeniablymeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy! That would have caused a minor panic attack in my world. So glad you found it. Poor Chris -- had to check poops. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that feeling of horror. My cat stole my ring once. We found it shoved up the back of the couch! So thankful you found it.

    Maybe instead of eating with the left hand you can try brushing your teeth left handed? Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg, im glad you found your ring I had a similar experience the other day, HOWEVER due to my weight loss my ring was starting to get super loose and falling off, So i was at the gym (Frist big mistake) I never take it of.. So im doing my work out everything going great, I remember my hands where getting very sweaty.. come home.. Go to sleep.. 7 AM I wake up dead out of my sleep touching my ring finger and instantly freak out "omg my ring is not there" I start searching thinking okay maybe it feel off while i was sleeping.. Nope.. No where not in the couch, Not in anywhere!!! I then call the gym, See if they found it.. Nothing.. Im bawling at this point :(... We search some more, Nothing.. The house is upside down now.. I call my mom, ask her to check her car (I was with her at the gym) Again nothing... I decide to go to the gym myself and look, Get to the gym check the parking lot, NOTHING.. Go to the gym go to my work out area, and follow every step I took, NOTHING.. I want to break down in the gym right there and then, Go to the Changing room, NOTHING.. Just as im waking out of the changing room, I hear my fiance talking to a women asking her to go get me, there he is standing there with my ring, A women walked up to him and said she found the ring on the stairs and was going to return it after her work out, I was never so thrilled in my life.. I was to go find her hug her!!! Needless to say my ring now rest in its box along with my wedding band waiting for another few months before the wedding I'll have them both re-sized, I actually put it back on yesterday to see how it was fitting and its not unwearable! While it sucks it feels great! But i do miss my diamond :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should note i said the other day but this was actually before Christmas lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super glad you found your ring. 3yp are a mess sometimes. I have had an OK time with the non-dominant hand. It definitely makes me think and eat slower which is a great thing. Im doing ZUmba also. Have great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The toy fire truck would have been the first place I would have checked!! hehe, glad you found it!

    This post made me think about when I was younger. I once lost a shoe when I was a child and still to this day I haven't found it anywhere. Maybe I should check in my toy fire truck.

    ReplyDelete