LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, January 22, 2012

I'm Sick And Tired

Quite literally actually. I have a nasty cold, for which I took drugs to treat the symptoms for so I could sleep (after shovelling of course) and went to bed early. I fell asleep almost immediately, but woke up around 12:30 and that was it. I was up ALL night long. I finally just got up and got ready for work around 4:30am because at that point I knew if I were to fall asleep for 45 minutes I'd be much more tired than what I would be on no sleep. I contemplated calling in sick, but it's Sunday, so I knew that work would be fairly mellow. I did a few little projects around "the home" (aka the seniors facility I work at), and actually got to hang out with some of the residents. Let me tell you, playing Simon Says with dementia patients is just as fun as playing Simon Says with kids.

I made it through work, thanks to Tylenol cold, cough and flu and a box of kleenex, but here I am at not even 5:30pm and I'm falling asleep. My nose is sore from blowing it constantly, my head is congested and full of pressure, I have a lovely barking cough and my ears are soooo itchy (I think I had a slight ear infection but my body fought it off and the inflammation is healing...therefore itching). Somebody really needs to find a vaccine for the common cold...I'd be in line for that every year without fail seeing as how I already have to get the flu shot anyways. Somebody get working on that while I go drown my cold in a vat of nyquil please.

I have been tracking my food a LOT better than I usually do and have gotten quite a bit of exercise this week. So I'm happy about that...but I failed miserably at the no sweets challenge...I do like the salty things but apparently sweet things are a part of my daily life too. However, I have stayed away from the tub of leftover Christmas baking my MIL gave us. I found that if I shoved it up in the cupboard where it was out of sight, out of mind...and most importantly...out of reach, I just didn't have any desire for it. Mike and Ikes on the other hand...they're like crack. And we have a ton of them as that seems to be the preferred treat for the kid during potty training. She will sit on that potty until the end of time if you bribe her with Mike and Ikes or "nike and mikes" in 3 year old language.

My water consumption has mostly been in hot tea with honey to soothe a sore throat that I had nagging at me for days...now I'm drinking tea because I'm absolutely freezing. I can only assume that's because I'm so tired.

I guess that's it for me...I hope that I'm feeling much better very quickly...and as soon as I am I'll let you all know so you can buy shares in Lysol...seeing as how I'm sure I'll use enough of it to disinfect my house that there's no way that stocks won't go up.

On to week 4!!! Same goals.

10 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! I hate being sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon! I love Celestial's Honey Vanilla Chamomile Tea. It is a pleasure of mine when I am sick! I make it by the potful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sucks to be sick. So you even posting speaks to your dedication. I hope you feel better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better soon, Im soo LUCKY this year * Knock on wood* that i have not gotten sick, I'm Really hoping I don't because when i get sick i get sick and it throws me down for days!!!

    Again feel better soon get some Rest darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I hope you get better soon, because it's so awful being sick like this! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for you tracking better! It's so annoying but in the end it will pay off. Sorry you feel cruddy. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You win, see my post from today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel better.
    Try a tablespoon of honey mixed with a teaspoon of turmeric for your sore throat......turmeric has antibiotic properties along with other good things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete