I was tagged by Hyla and Sarah
1) Post these rules
2) Post 11 random things about yourself
3) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
4) Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5) Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them
1) I'm completely OCD - Things have to match, I have spots for things and they must stay in those spots, I have to fold my laundry a certain way, if there is more than 1 thing on a plate, I eat them 1 at a time (example: salad first, then bun, then chicken, then carrots)...I can't mix them, I will even pick food apart to eat things separately,
2) I love soup, but it can't be soupy...I have to either dump out most of the broth and add a few crackers to soak up the liquid or add a TON of crackers
3) I was my mother's rebel child...I got my first tattoo at 17 while on a day trip with my friend (kinda regret that one now!)
4) I was student council president in grade 11
5) I can't keep plants alive (seriously, I killed a cactus)
6) I slept with a teddy bear until I met Chris, my teddy has now been passed down to the kid
7) I've wanted to be a nurse since my youngest brother was born
8) I became a supervisor at the A&W I worked at at the age of 16
9) I worked at a brewery but HATE the taste of beer
10) I have an amazing memory for commercials, songs, stupid facts that don't really matter and medical stuff...but don't ask me where I left my keys
11) I fall asleep incredibly fast...Chris says within seconds of me saying I'm going to sleep.
11 Questions from Hyla:
1) How do you plan on meeting your goals this year? Are they realistic? If so do you have high hopes of meeting them and surpassing them?
a) My goal for this year is to get to "onederland"...which would require me losing 90 lbs. I think that this is a fairly realistic goal. it's approximately 1.7 lbs per week to lose. I definitely have high hopes of meeting that. I plan on Zumbaing, running, ifiting and strength training my way there.
2) Are you looking forward to any big events this year?
a) We don't have any big events planned (ie no marriages, babies, trips, etc)...but Chris and I can be fairly spontaneous so we'll see...stay tuned folks
3) Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? I mean, where would you like to be?
a) I'd love to be on vacation in the South Pacific
4) What is your favorite piece of comfy clothing
a) sweatpants by far (specifically my black sweats that are a size or 3 too big)
5) What is your favorite piece of "I feel hot" clothing?
a) HA...some things aren't meant to leave the bedroom...
6) Honestly, what are your thoughts on Facebook?
a) I think it's great to keep in touch but I could live without it...now my blog...I'd probably murder somebody if it went away
7) Have you ever done anything daring? If so, what?
a) I don't really think I have done anything daring...I'm a pretty "play it safe" kinda girl...Wow...I'm boring
8) What is your favorite book and author?
a) Ok I know this is going to sound really dumb but my favorite book by far was "the long road home" by Danielle Steele...just a very tragic story and I bawled my eyes out.
9) What is your favorite movie?
a) Hmmm...Probably October Sky...I watch it every time it's on TV...I don't really have favorite anythings so those questions are hard for me to answer...also depends on my mood.
10) What is your favorite Disney Princess or other princess?
a) I like Cinderella...but I also thought Princess Diana was an amazing woman who was doing so much for the world, and the fact that her life was cut short because the paparazzi couldn't just leave her alone was awful. I still remember where I was and how I felt when I found out she died.
11) Do you dream? What about?
a) I dream a lot. Lately about zombies because we'd watched a whole bunch of "the walking dead". I also dream about realistic situations...for example, I had a dream that my MIL took Harley too the groomer and shaved him bald...and I was sooooo mad at Chris for letting her do it. I actually woke up feeling angry but quickly realized it was a dream.
11 questions from Sarah:
1) What is your current favorite workout song(s)?
a) I like listening to P!nk when I'm working out on the treadmill - so what, raise your glass...For Zumba my favorite routine is the Greek "opa" dance...so fun
2) What is your favorite way to pamper yourself?
a) Ainsworth hot springs...See post here
3) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
a) I wanted to be a nurse ever since my youngest brother was born. He was born premature and we spent a lot of time in the hospital with him. I still remember getting to put my hand in the incubator and touching him...he was still furry! We also have pictures of him wearing the preemie diapers that went up to his armpits...he was really little.
4) If you had an unlimited amount of money, what would you do with it?
a) I would pay off all my debt, Chris's debt, buy us a brand new house, new cars, invest some of it wisely, set up a savings account for the kid, ensure we had enough in our savings to never have to work again, donate some to charities, buy my own private island in the south pacific, have a personal trainer, chef, maid and hairstylist/makeup artist, etc, etc, etc...hey a girl cam dream....
5) What is your dream vacation?
a) South Pacific for 2 weeks...Fiji or Tahiti
6) Would you ever go sky diving or bungee jumping
a) Sure would...Would be scared to death though
7) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
a) Anywhere warm...NO SNOW
8) What is your favorite book or author?
a) See above
9) What is your favorite animal?
a) That I can have at home: Dog...of all time: Dolphin
10) What is your favorite exercise?
11) What are your goals for 2012?
a) To get to "onderland", to run a 5K, to not have to step foot in another "plus size" store.
11 people I'm tagging!
2) Kay Kay
3) Half Chinked
4) Mom on a Mission
My 11 questions to you guys:
1) What is the 1 thing you are most proud of?
2) If you could go back in time and tell your 10 year old self something, what would it be?
3) What is your guilty pleasure?
4) What is the one thing you hate more than anything?
5) If you had to live on fruits and veggies and ONE other thing...what would that one thing be?
6) What is the ONE item you cannot live without?
7) Who was/is the most influential person in your life and why?
8) Dead or Alive, you can have lunch with ONE person, who would it be and why?
9) What is the one bad habit, that is not eating or exercise related, you wish you could break?
10) What TV show do you watch every week without fail?
11) You have $1M dollars to give to charity, what charity would you pick and why? What would you want to see done with the money?
Have fun everybody!!!!