LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weigh In #21 & SCC Check In

Last week I weighed in at 290.4lbs and this week I weighed in at 288.9 for a loss of 1.5lbs this week!!! I'm thrilled and so happy to see a loss this week. When I'd peeked at the scale half way through the week I was down about 4 lbs and that's when my week went to hell. It was Chris's birthday so we had pizza and cake (I did have salad too!), my mother in law brought over leftover Christmas baking (which I've been attempting to avoid like the plague...key word is attempting) and I've had a maaaaaajor salt craving that I did give in to a few times...so I'm likely retaining some fluid too. But oh well...excuses excuses yet again...but I still showed a loss for which I'm proud of.

As far as my goals in the SCC...HA! I went in saying that a challenge would be great because I'm super competitive and that because I was competing I'd do well...well that turned out to not be the case. Turns out I'm super competitive in board games and sports and about everything else I can be competitive in "real" life...but I just can't seem to stick to my goals for this challenge. I guess that's my biggest struggle. I'd say my biggest success was filling up on salad before I had any pizza (I had 2 medium slices). Normally that would not have been the case! I would have had 4...5 pieces of pizza and not thought twice about the amount of fat and calories I had just stuffed into my yap...I'm much more aware of what I'm doing. I think that's what's allowed me to have what success I have. Awareness can allow you to change so much. It hasn't necessarily changed WHAT I eat at times...I still will have some of the things I want, but I also compensate for it at my next meal by eating healthier or more low-cal to bring balance. Yes I know that I'm on a weight loss mission and that sounds more like maintenance...however, we must remember that it's not an every day thing. I try to eat healthily most of the time.

As for the mini challenge...I tried eating 3 meals with my left hand...and it was a disaster! I had salad for 2 of those meals and cereal for the 3rd and it got soooooo frustrating. I don't think it caused me to eat less or be more mindful of how much I was eating...I just got pissed off and switched hands half way through. Ambidexterity is not in my future! Lets hope I'm never involved in a tragic accident where I lose my right hand or I'm in big trouble! This weeks mini challenge is going to be...interesting. I've been more into the salty snacks this week...but we'll give er a go!

Once again I plan on carrying my goals forward (which would bring in the food and the fitness)...and for fun...hmmm I'll get back to you on that one...I'm really just wanting to relax haha...that counts as fun right??

Alright...I have 3 days of blog reading to catch up on so I'd better get started

7 comments:

  1. Good job on the loss! If you don't allow yourself to have some freedom in this "lifestyle" (not diet) you will get burned out and give up. I am proud of you for being honest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome loss! Pizza, cake and left over Christmas baking are going to be around no matter how 'good' we are trying to be and indulging in them is something that we are going to do, it's a bit inevitable. I would definitely focus not on the fact that you ate the pizza but that you made the decision to eat less! That's a fantastic victory :) Go Taryn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember, the challenge isn't about competing with everyone it's about giving and getting support. In the end, no one out here in blog land will be affected by you gaining or losing weight. It's all about YOU. You have to stick to your goals because YOU are awesome and YOU deserve to feel and be healthy and YOU deserve to feel good about yourself.

    When it comes time again to decide between pizza and cake or a healthier option, think about why you're doing this. I know it's hard, I have trouble with it. I find it very hard to say no when the things that I love are RIGHT there. But in the end you have no one to answer to except yourself and your desire for a longer, happier and healthier life.

    I think in all you did very well because temptations and the occasional indulgence will always be there. You were responsible and ate salad before you ate the other stuff. You've been making an effort to avoid the baking. It's all about lifestyle and things that are sustainable for YOU and the awesome woman that YOU are.

    Congrats on your loss and I know you'll see more in the future, I believe in you. xx

    - DS

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you talking about getting pissed with your non-dominant hand made me smile. Congrats on the loss. I know what you mean about being aware. Its a great feeling knowing that you are changing for the better. And yes...relaxing does count as fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the loss. One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear we must have had the same week. Midweek I was also down 4 lbs. Had a funeral and was around family and friends all weekend ate out twice and when I weighed in I was only down 1.4. Jut keep on trucking!

    ReplyDelete