LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Weigh In #22

This weigh in was actually done yesterday but it has taken me until now to post it. I have been super sick. I actually even called in sick one day...which is unheard of for me really because of 2 reasons: 1) I can't really afford to be off (thank goodness I was able to pick up an extra shift tomorrow) and 2) I don't trust anybody else to do my job as well as I do. I'm starting to feel much better as of the past couple days except for the congestion in my chest. I get winded soooo easy (reminds me of the beginning of this weight loss journey when I would get winded walking upstairs) and I have a cough that sounds like death warmed over due to my body trying to get rid of the sticky, thick, yellow mucous from my lungs. Yeah I feel hot these days. And to top it off...I got my period the day before yesterday...and for a girl who has an IUD in and very rarely gets a period...you can imagine how excited I was to have that on top of my cold.

I really haven't done a whole lot this week. I did Zumba on Thursday when I was just starting to get sick. Friday is when my cold hit and I've been out of commission since. I was going to try and do Zumba tonight but I still start coughing at the drop of a hat and I don't want people having to avoid me like the plague so they don't get sick. I'll do the Zumba girls a favor and keep my germs at home (which to be clear, I think everybody should have that consideration. If you're sick, STAY HOME. Don't spread your germs all over the grocery store, gym, bank, etc. unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Nothing drives me more crazy than going to the store and seeing somebody cough all over the apples!). I will start working out again on my treadmill at home tomorrow. Today I just still really really don't feel like it.

Anyways, I guess I should let you guys know the results of my weigh in seeing as how I've made you read my ramblings haha. I weighed in at 288.4 which is a 0.5lb loss. Hey I'll take it. I was thrilled that even though I've been eating shitty (quick and easy was my best friend this week) and haven't had the energy to untie the piano from my ass. I've lost less when I was working my ass off...weird how this weight loss thing works sometimes.

Tomorrow is my lovely stepmonster stepdaughters birthday. She's going to be 3! Because she'll be with her mom, I made her a very special birthday breakfast this morning. Homemade chocolate chip pancakes with "snow" (powdered sugar) and honey with a side of hot chocolate and marshmallows...and about 30 minutes after she was done eating I was ready to kill myself because she was bouncing off the walls...What was I thinking?? We're going to have our party for her next week but she already got to open a couple presents from my parents and my grandparents. My mom packed her gift in a Cheerios box and shipped it in the mail. When we gave it to her, she ripped into it, pulled out the outfit inside, looked in the box and went "Oh no! There's no Chee-ohs in here" and was all upset...pretty cute. The same thing happened with my grandparent's gift...it was packed in a chocolates box and she was THRILLED that she got chocolates and pissed when there wasn't chocolate in the box...Lesson learned...the kid will be happy with a box of Cheerios and a box of chocolates.

Hope everybody is having a good week, and here's to getting back on track!

7 comments:

  1. For being sick I think you did wonderfully, At least there was no Gain!! good job hun! hope your feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're starting to feel a little better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think .5 isn't bad. Being sick makes eeeeeverything harder I find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all is well. A loss is a loss - just never give up. Let Jillian Michaels kick your butt again, she's heartless. LOL

    ReplyDelete