LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, February 6, 2012

$100 Worth Of Groceries And A Beautiful Email

Today was actually a very very good day (for being Monday and the first day back at work that is). Work went relatively smoothly, I got home and indulged in my new addiction...If you haven't watched Dexter...WATCH DEXTER, read an amazing email from an amazing woman, then went to the grocery store and spend nearly $100 on healthy yummy food.

When I shared my blog link on Facebook, I was incredibly nervous about the reaction I would get. Were these people really my friends, or would it be whispers and backstabbing and high school behavior all over again? I was still having anxiety over it last night, and even had a nightmare about people laughing at me behind my back, and had even considered removing the post and privatizing my blog. And then I read the message from Natasha. She truly touched my heart and helped me realize that I truly have nothing to worry about. If somebody has a problem with me then they can take a hike...and perhaps I'll join them just to make a statement. Natasha has her own blog which you can see here. Her blog is all about fashion, she has some awesome DIYs, and one beautiful little girl. Check her out.

The grocery store happens to be one of the places I could spend hours in. I love browsing and looking at everything and reading all the labels (yes I even read the labels of the things I know I shouldn't be buying). I spent far too much but did get TONS of yummy things to last me through the next week or so. Here's what I got!



YUM
Lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, red peppers, celery, carrots, asparagus, bananas, oranges, salad, mushrooms, grapes, broccoli, English  muffins, 3 kinds of yogurt, Greek with feta salad dressing, mango chipotle salad dressing, margarine, eggs, and chicken strips. Pretty much all good things. I also stopped in the deli and got a turkey sandwich because it was already nearly 6pm and I was starving. Yummy.

So here's what my fridge looks like now. In all it's healthy goodness.


 Now that I have procrastinated from doing my workout for approximately 1 hour now and have bared the contents of my fridge, I must get my ample rear end in gear and hit the treadmill. I leave you all with a cute picture of Harley.


Cute little man...his eyes are in there, I swear!
 

8 comments:

  1. YOu dog is so cute & your fridge looks DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want your fridge!!! Mine needs to be looking as healthy as yours.

    P.S - What's an English muffin??? I have a feeling I should know this but probably by a different name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe its similar to a crumpet...

      Delete
  3. Looks like a good haul at the grocery store. Yeah, I don't know how Tim got his water bottle yesterday and you didn't get yours yet. Both were supposed to be 6-10 business days and he got his in 6. It should be there this week, for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it today!!! And I love it! I also loved that you wrapped it in pink bubble wrap and wrote a note on pink paper!!! HEHE :D

      Delete
  4. We have the same salad dressings in our fridge. I love the mango chipotle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I came back here to check and make sure you got it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did! Thank you so so so so much! It's definitely my go to waterbottle now. I always took one to work but now I take this one cuz I dont have to taste the disgusting metal taste that's in the water there. Totally the best!

      Delete