LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Beginning Of C25K Week 2

Here I am, starting week 2 of the C25K program again...am I pissed that I fell off the program and could be damn near done by now? YES. Am I disappointed that I'm on week 2? Absolutely not! I haven't given up and I'm still working towards finishing it. And I will. Week 1 went by breezily. First day of week 2...not so much. But I finished it with no cheating and will continue to press on.

Today was a real awakening for me. I work afternoon shift and Chris was getting off nights so he'll spend until about 1pm sleeping. In preparation for not being able to go back into the bedroom after getting up to get dressed, I put all my workout clothes into the spare bathroom so I could get dressed and go work out before having to get ready for work. Even with that preparation, it took me all morning to actually work up the will to get dressed and go downstairs to spend some 1 on 1 time with the treadmill. I even found myself talking myself out of it, saying that skipping today was ok and I'll do it tomorrow (knowing full well that tomorrow would be a repeat of today). This is totally not ok! I tried to talk myself out of completing half an hour of exercise even though I'd just spent the morning watching shows that I don't even like. For healthy motivated people, this wouldn't make sense...but to me, in the moment, it was perfectly rational. I need somebody to smack me upside the head when I start thinking like that. However, I realized that I was sabotaging myself and with little time to spare I headed downstairs. And now...I feel GREAT! I feel energized, my mood is better, and I feel as though I accomplished something.

In my healthy grocery haul the other night, I bought 3 containers of yogurt. I go through spurts with yogurt. I'll love it for a bit then I won't be able to stand the sight of it. However, I think I've found a new favorite food.

Source yogurt by Yoplait in the coconut-banana-pineapple flavor. Seriously tastes like a pina colada. Very very yummy. I had a cup of this this morning for breakfast along with a cup of coffee. The best think about this yogurt is that its 35 calories per 100g, fat free, AND contains no aspartame which I find leaves a yucky aftertaste in my mouth (hmmm could that be why I fall out of love with yogurt time and time again?). It is still artificially sweetened with Splenda...but that's what I use in my tea/coffee in place of sugar anyways. I don't mind Splenda. I may just have to try all the flavors that are part of the "exotik" selection...but of course only comes in the 16 cup pack and not the big container.

What about you? What is the one recent discovery that you can't get enough of?




9 comments:

  1. One thing that I LOVE is Emeralds Dark Chocolate Cocoa Almonds. Almonds are good for you and the dark chocolate is good for you. The chocolate isnt heavily coated, just dusted on and it is enough to kill the chocolate craving. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeahh they are soooo good... they even have a hundred calorie pack

      Delete
  2. Jello mousse cups! Only 60 calories and they made a great dessert if you like chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who myself is just getting back on the running wagon I feel you on the suckiness! I can literally talk myself out of going for my run without even thinking all that hard! However I've found that letting those who are close to you know that you're doing a program it's got a schedule, etc. makes people ask how it's going. In a way it keeps you accountable! Plus if you're anything like me after you actually get going (and past the first five minutes) it might not be fun - but it is bearable!

    As for the food I've been really into hummus lately. It's super easy to make on your own, reasonable calories, and packed with healthy nutrients! I love adding random spices to it to pack up the flavor and some chopped veggies to thicken it up! Then I use either a handful of pretzel rods or fresh veggies = delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have to eat hummus everyyyy day!!!!

      Delete
  4. Hey thats a great attitude towards the couch to five K. There is no point on dwelling on anything when there is so much GOOD to focus on and so many things that could be ACCOMPLISHED in that time instead. Again, great attitude! As for the putting off you're workout, I do the same thing all of the time. My crossfit classes have been great because it's a commitment you have to make beforehand, and if you skip then you've lost the money for that class which is a great motivator. That is sincerely the only thing that has worked for me, and whenever I plan a 'personal gym day' it almost always gets rained on by some sh*tty TV program that I didn't care about in the first place. Sorry that I don't have any advice on this front but hey, at least you're not alone xxx

    - DS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine is steel cut oats!! I love the texture compared to processed oats...and supposedly they are better for you? I love adding things in like banana's and PB, or PB and a few chocolate chips, or maple syrup and walnuts, etc.

    I've banned off the artificial sweetners for a while, but that yogurt does sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chobani Passion Fruit Greek Yogurt. It's a disgusting yellowy pee color when you mix it all together, but oh so delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally the same with yogurt. Sometimes I can eat it all the time, other times it's the last thing I want!

    I do like eating yogurt with fruit though, yummy!!

    ReplyDelete