LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Burns So Good!

I know I said I didn't want to see my treadmill today but with the temperatures hovering right around freezing and no money to pay admission to the rec center to attend a class (not that I checked to see if there was one I was interested in trying) so I found myself downstairs staring at my nemesis good ol' friend the treadmill. I didn't feel like doing a "hard" run that required pushing myself to lengths I have never gone before seeing as how I went to bed later than I usually do, then for some reason woke up at 3am on the dot and then tossed and turned until 5 when I got up. I was exhausted this morning and was even yawning in the car on my drive home from work. I think I even asked a resident if I could take a nap in her bed haha. So, anyways, I decided to complete Week 1 Day 1 of C25K just to get a little exercise in.

There is a twist though. I knew I couldn't just skate by doing an easy workout, so what's a girl to do? For the first half of my workout I increased the speed at which I do both my run and walk intervals, then for the second half I bumped up the incline by 0.5 every minute. All in all, I burned over 250 calories in 25 minutes...Not bad! I'm even thinking about doing the 30DS for some strength training...Crazy you say? I say logical. I want to feel that soreness. I want to burn those calories. I want to FEEL that burn!

This would be me...KICKING ASS!

On a separate note, I hope everybody had a good Valentines day. I unfortunately didn't get to see much of Chris because he left for work about an hour and a half after I got home from work. He did however surprise me with an absolutely beautiful bouquet of long stemmed roses on the 13th. I wasn't expecting it and that's what made it so nice. I just love him so much.

Well off to have some supper before the 30DS!

5 comments:

  1. Great work out :) as funny as it sounds I LOVE that burn feeling it makes me feel like im doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds like a killer workout! I too love that burn feeling, it's like shedding that fat suit one step at a time :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish i had motivation like you! well done you should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how you start off thinking you dont want to work out that hard... the worst part, i think, is just motivating yourself to get up and do it... good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of feeling the burn but im always the first to moan when I get it haha

    ReplyDelete