LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, February 24, 2012

Good Exercise Day

I got even more exercise than I had planned on getting today...And it certainly was NOT by choice. Although the weather people were predicting massive amounts of snow today and tonight, our town was completely unprepared and have done an AWFUL job of keeping up with the snow removal. My place of work is ontop of a fairly steep hill, and even though I tried every single way up...My car just wouldn't make it. So I called Chris, my knight in shining armour to help me, and his car couldnt get up. He got us about half way up and we got stuck, so I ended up walking the rest of the way to work, in the snow. I was freezing cold, soaking wet and none too happy. You know its bad when you have school busses getting stuck and they close down the city transit and taxi systems as well. So I work my 8 hour shift, hoping to all that is holy that they get everything caught up and I'd be able to get home. My co-worker drove me to my car and I nearly got all the way home...before I got stuck. So I turned around, parked my car and they drove me home. I'm so mad! They've known for 2 days that we're gonna get snow like this and they're not even putting down sand!!! Plowing the snow off is just going to turn the street into a sheet of ice without any sand!

Anyways, add the walk up the hill to work to the calories burned on the treadmill (I did W1D2 of C25K and increased my run intervals by 0.5mph. I burned (according to the treadmill) appx 320 calories.

But I guess I should get to bed so that I can get up at 6:30am to go get my car out of the motel parking lot it's parked in so that it doesn't get towed! Gnight all!

4 comments:

  1. HOLY MOLEY! Taryn, I'm soooo sorry that happened to you!!! The things we do for our patients,right? Wow. I love your attitude, LOL. You definitely did get more exercise than you had planned! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that is sane what is wrong with those city workers...maybe they are just trying to help your fitness goals... good luck reaching those goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. I've enjoyed reading about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How frustrating that they didn't put the sand down. Sounds similar to where I live when we get snow!

    ReplyDelete