LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Oh Hello Muscles...

I woke up with that familiar soreness in all my muscles (except my legs) this morning. Thank you Jillian Michaels...and I'm not even typing that sarcastically. I feel amazing! When I got up this morning, I immediately put on my workout clothes because Chris just got off nights and I knew I wouldn't go up to change because I wouldn't want to wake him up. And although I didn't workout right away...I did do it...willingly to boot! Harley gets so mad when I go downstairs because he knows he has to go into his pen...and he hates it. He's confined and more than 2 feet away from me and apparently that is just the worst thing ever. He whines the entire time and just looks so sad. But he can suck it up for 30-45 minutes if I can!

I'm off to work tonight and a cougar has been spotted in our parking lot...lovely. There are many many advantages to living in a rural area such as Nelson...but often wildlife comes along with it. And I'm terrified of cougars because they're sneaky and you often don't even know they're there until it's too late. I also have a lot of residents that like to go out into the parking lot to walk...but I am NOT allowing that while I'm there. That's the last thing I want to deal with.

I have also revamped my exercise schedule. I have a draft copy where I planned out what I wanted to do and when...and then I realized that I change it all the time. I found that, having just something written down was my "get off your ass and do something" prompt more than what it was that was written down. So now...the organizer in me has come out and I have a "good copy" that is color coded...and it's in a little folder. Am I a total loser for wanting it to look pretty so that I actually enjoy doing it? Kinda like "Oh I need to exercise so there's no bare spots on my pretty color coded calendar"....Ok I think I answered it myself...I am a total loser...Oi vey...

8 comments:

  1. Go Taryn :) Sore muscles are the sign of hard work!
    Oh, and be careful with that cougar around! *Eeek*

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that is by no means the act of a "loser". Maybe more "nerdy" but come on, who doesn't love a nerd girl? (I say so only because I too am a nerd girl and I love it;) congrats on workin those muscles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually put planning an exercise routine on hold for 4 days so that I could buy a fancy notebook to track it all in....I totally understand lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, the good kind of sore feels amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we love that feeling!!
    and your muscles.



    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think putting your exercise down on a calendar is a good idea! I may need to borrow that idea for myself. I need something to help keep me on track.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Jillian Michaels!! Her workouts are truly amazing, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Living in Britain I sometimes forget just how crazy other parts of the world are. I wouldn't even go outside ever again I'd I knew huge wildcats are about. I hate it when a bee is near me let alone a cougar!!!

    ReplyDelete