LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, February 13, 2012

On To Week 3!

Today was the first day of week 3 and I went from running a 1 and a half minute interval to running a 2 and a half minute interval...I was thinking "they're nuts, I won't be able to do that!"...But I did!!! I'm not saying I wasn't struggling through the last 30 seconds, because I totally was, but I kept pushing and finished it without cheating. And now I feel like a rockstar. Tomorrow (or the next day if I go to Zumba tonight) is the exact same interval schedule so I know I'll be able to do it...Then of course the program ups the ante on the 3rd day. Before, I would have NEVER thought of doing a class if I'd already exercised that day...but today that seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do! Hopefully one of my friends wants to go cuz I really really do want to go.

Last night as I was cooking dinner, I pulled the ham out of the oven, took the lid off, checked the doneness of it, turned it over, then with my bare hand, decided to pick up the glass lid that just came out of the 400* oven not 2 minutes previous. Of course it didn't hurt for a second and I was already walking away from the sink where the lid had been, so I had to get close enough to the sink to throw the lid into it so I didn't burn/melt the lino flooring in my new house! Needless to say I have some pretty good burns on my hand and they still hurt! I felt like the biggest idiot EVER after doing that...nobody to blame but myself.

Back to work for me tomorrow. Tuesdays are doctors day...but somehow I managed to luck out and our doctor has been on vacation in Hawaii for the past 2 weeks so that makes my day run a whole lot smoother. I don't have to make time for rounds which is nice! Not that I mind doing it, but it certainly is a treat to not have to! I sure hope I have a nice week at work. A nice slow, smooth week would be wonderful!

Hope everybody is having a wonderful Monday!

4 comments:

  1. wow well done! It must be such great motivation to see the changes in your workouts you should be very proud - even if you had a minor blip in the handling of hot objects XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Done!! Sorry about your hand hope its feeling better soon, Iv done the same things before!! Except I'v actually placed my hand in the oven to grab something out with out them MIT err Duhh LOL

    Hope your hand feels better soon xoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owww!!! I do things like that ALL the time. I know exactly how painful that is!

    Well done on Week 3 day 1! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting through your workout! Hope your hand feels better quick!

    ReplyDelete