LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Restarting The Right Way!

Today is day 2 of my new found motivation. I restarted the C25K program yesterday and did day 1. I found it surprisingly easy and I breathed a sigh of relief...Ok my motivation may have gone but at least my fitness level didn't decrease much if at all. Today I pushed on to day 2 and made it through again with little trouble. WHEW! Ok...I can do this. And I'm going to continue down this path. I have 27 days until my birthday and I want to be in the 270s by then...so I have to lose just under 8 lbs. Lets hope!

I also took a big step yesterday. I "outed" my blog on Facebook. Most of my Facebook friends didn't know that I'm on this journey, let alone what my starting weight or current weight is. Putting that out there for everybody to see what VERY scary. I had the post typed up and it took me about half an hour to actually hit the post button. I wasn't sure I wanted to, and even after I posted it, I wasn't sure I was going to leave it up. I have left it up now for 24 hours and have received nothing but positive feedback so, I guess I'll leave it up. I gotta say that I have some pretty awesome friends. I'm hoping that by being transparent I won't feel like I'm living a double life and that I can have even more support. I also hope that if people are heading out to do something fun they invite me along with them. Open myself to new activities.

I hope everybody had a great weekend and if you're struggling, find the inspiration and encouragement to continue on.

"Motivation is a fire from within, only you can light it" - Unknown

8 comments:

  1. Congrats at posting on facebook thats greatt... i def dont have the courage for it... im a secret dieter myself!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't link my blog to fb either...I have a lot of people who just seem to not care on there:( Maybe time to defriend those people??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work about letting your friends know about your blog. I am not there yet. Many of my friends do not know about my blog and for now I like it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on your C25k training! Keep it up!!

    Stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am too afraid to share ALL my fat business with facebook yet. I don't want them knowing my starting weight and I don't want to have them criticizing me when I make a bad choice or whatever. Someday, later down the road, I will haha!

    Proud of you for getting your motivation back and for being brave!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have courage and that's awesome!!:) I don't have the courage to do that. My blog isn't all about weight loss and some things..just don't want people who have known me for awhile to realize they don't really know me as well as they think they do, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on taking the public step of reclaiming your health.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a huge thing to do to post it on FB. I'm delighted you got a lot of positive feedback! :)

    ReplyDelete