LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

W3D3 and a rant

I just finished week 3 of the C25K program. It was hard. I did my first run interval (2 minutes) at my regular speed and felt pretty good but was having to push to finish the last 15 seconds...no big deal I can push through 15 seconds of anything, I mean it's only 15 seconds. However, I knew my next run interval was 3 minutes and I wasn't sure I had what it took to push through for 1 minute and 15 seconds...what's a girl to do!? I simply just slowed the speed of the treadmill by 0.2mph and was able to get through the two 3 minute run intervals without dying...yes I had to push and yes I felt the burn in my legs begging me to stop...but I didn't stop. I kept pushing.

I think that this is one disadvantage of attempting the C25K program on a treadmill...You're running at a constant speed no matter what (or you'll fly off the back!), whereas if you're running outside/on a track you run at a speed that is comfortable to you without worrying that if you don't keep pace you're going to have treadmill belt burn on your face. I like the way the treadmill  forces you to push a little (I honestly think the last 15-30 seconds of a run should be uncomfortable and you SHOULD have to push through it), but allows you to adjust the speed in correlation to the length of the run interval so you still have to push but don't die or fall off.

Thank you all for your sweet comments about my beloved Zumba being cancelled. I will definitely be looking into an alternative for it...whether it be DVDs or Zumba for the Wii...But I'm not sure which it will be yet. I do know that I'll be going on Thursday and I'm thinking of going to visit my parents next week as I'm on holidays but Chris will still be working and I don't want to bother him while he's sleeping for his night shifts. If I do...I will definitely be dragging my mother to a Zumba class...Like it or not! HA!

Now for my rant of the day...this morning before jumping on the treadmill I grabbed my shoes out of my gym bag and noticed something stuck to the bottom. A wrapper...WITH GUM! Who the hell rolls their gum in a wrapper then leaves it on the gym floor. Like...c'mon find a goddamn garbage...there are many around the place! If you would get off a machine without wiping it down with antibacterial spray you would be lynched but this morning I had to pick your nasty ass gum off the bottom of my shoe. I certainly loved touching your saliva while I attempted to pull the minty smelling goo out of the tread of my $140 runners...and I hope you drop a dumbell on your foot whoever you are!

3 comments:

  1. Urgh chewing gum is the worst thing ever!!! I just don't understand why people just throw it on the ground. It's disgusting! I've sat down before on a bench only to have it stick to my jeans. I think I broke the world record for the amount of swear words used in a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on pushing yourself to get through your run!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! I am of the opinion that the happiness I get from running is not in the actual 'doing' but in the 'finishing' and I agree, it's the last moments that are always the toughest!

    ReplyDelete