LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Weigh In #24 - Frustrated

I was so looking forward to weighing in this week because I worked my ass off. Then I stepped onto the scale...and I seen a half pound gain. I was so disheartened and so disappointed. I know that a half a pound is really nothing and that muscles retain fluid when you begin working out again (seeing as how my workouts have been sporadic since...well Christmas). But it's still so frustrating when you put so much into your goals and you don't seen the evidence of that. I was upset and just ready to give up and I had a bad day of eating yesterday. I even said "me and my diet are fighting right now"...apparently that is an excuse to have fries at lunch, then to split the left over mac & cheese with Chris, then to have not 1 but 2 breaded chicken burgers...I'm pretty embarrassed and ashamed of that. But today will be better and I'm going to continue. I just want so badly to see my 270's by my birthday goal and I'm going to be so disappointed if I don't. I will try my damnedest though!

7 comments:

  1. We all have felt like this! It's not a good feeling, but things WILL turn around...I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally been there before, but holding yourself accountable and telling us about the extra breaded chicken and mac and cheese is a step in the right direction. Next time it'll be on your concious that you may have to fess up about it and you might just be able to talk yourself out of it so you can report something good. :)

    good luck and keep up the good work. i'm sure you'll be meeting those birthday goals if you stay determined!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when this happens. That is pretty much why I took this entire month off weighing. I started Chalene Extreme and I don't want to be disappointed by seeing the stalls or gains this month. I will weigh in March 1st. Despite what Mr. Scale says, I know that if I put in the work and the calories, I WILL be moving in the right direction. Hold on and hopefully next week, or later you will see the real results from your efforts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I just found your blog and I love it! Very inspirational. I just started my own weight loss blog and I would love some more readers so that I can be held accountable to them! I would love it if you checked it out! it is http://watchmeshrinkydink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really sucks when you KNOW you've been doing everything right and still gain. But it does happen, and if you keep working at it, it will all straighten out. Good luck on the 270s by your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you will have an extra loss the following week! if you stick with it! its ok for one bad meal... it confuses your body and makes it worker harder <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really hard when you don't lose as much as you think you should. Believe me, I know. I would love to get down into the 270's. I WILL get there and so will you.

    ReplyDelete