LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, March 26, 2012

Ahhh

I feel good today. I did have a fairly shitty day at work. At 7:15 this morning I walked into one unit and heard a resident screaming "no, stop it, I said no!" and when I turned the corner, one of the care aides was trying to pull this woman into the tub room for a bath (said care aide is also the same one who was in the local paper a few weeks ago saying that if you don't try to force a dementia patient to do things they don't want to do, they're far less aggressive). I was actually hoping that my resident would hit her with her walker! I was so mad! She even had the balls to ask me to help her get her in the tub! I told her to back off and let her calm down, which of course worked. Anyways, that just set my mood for my work day. I was NOT happy. It was also a busy day. But once I got home my mood changed.

I got to hang out with Chris for a little while, watched Amazing Race, had to say goodbye to Chris cuz he's working night shift tonight, then went onto the treadmill and did W5D1 of C25K. I also tracked my food today and came in at 1646 calories and I burned 311 calories working out :) YAY!

I really want to get a watch pedometer similar to this so I can monitor how many steps I take in a day. That one also records calories burned throughout the day and monitors heart rate as well...fancy schmancy...And I'd get to see how much walking I really do in a day.

One day down, 6 to go in week 1 of this challenge :) I leave you with a cute picture of my little man. He just had his hair cut the day this was taken.

Even has the "am I not the cutest?" head tilt down!

4 comments:

  1. Your puppy is SO cute! I love the cut too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job turning your crappy day around. I tend to get in a bad mood and stay there LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this pic just made my day! So cute (says a former cat lady, aspiring dog roommate).

    Wow, care aide - so sad to witness health care workers forget they are working with human beings.... I get that you get desensitized to your environment, but you have to stay vigilant in your attitude & behavior.

    Great job keeping with the plan Taryn! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that may be the cutest dog I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete