LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bring On Week 6

Today I was supposed to do an earlier C25K at a higher intensity than I had done previously, but I just felt so good after last nights run that I wanted to do it again today. Today was a little different in that it was a 5 minute warm up walk, 8 minute run, 5 minute walk, 8 minute run, 5 minute cool down walk. It seemed so...short...which is something you would have NEVER heard me say before when it came to running for 8 minutes straight...twice at that. The runs seemed to fly by and the walks were painfully slow. It's ridiculous how boring walking is on the treadmill. I'd rather run at this point. I'm so excited for the next run (same as today except the run intervals increase to 10 minutes a piece). I likely won't do that tomorrow but the next day for sure. Tomorrow I will likely do an earlier day at a higher intensity to start increasing my speed.

Tomorrow is also my last day of holidays (waaaaaaa!!!!!!!) so I think I'm gonna sleep, lounge around, finish my laundry and do another tidy up of the house. In all reality I'm not ready to go back to work, but I am at the same time. I like the structure that my week holds when I'm working. That being said...I can't wait to start planning my next holidays. Hahaha.



6 comments:

  1. Just wait until the walk intervals are gone! You'll never want to go back to walk/run intervals again. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I soooo want to get to the end so I can do a half hour run on a regular basis. Can't wait to sign up for my first 5K...cant wait to start working on my 10K...YAY!

      Delete
  2. I can't imagine running for 8 ins or more at all! Keep up the good work...enjoy your last day of holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job being so psyched to run! I prefer jogging over walking too. It just feels amazing afterwards. Take care of your joints though :) so stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such an inspiration to me. I only did W3D2 tonight but for the first time I actually enjoyed it and even ran some more after my cool down. I am also excited to get my next run in! Great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep going! It absolutely flys by and I suprise myself at being able to run for as long as I can now. You are doing great. I just started following you and look forward to following your journey

      Delete