LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, March 16, 2012

Busy...

Well I guess I should update...I'm still here!!! Just have been quite busy. Chris and I made the 2 hour 1 way trip to the good ol' US of A to get groceries. I really wish we could our food at the same prices that those of you who live in the states do. I can go to the grocery store here and spend $300 and have half a cart full, especially if I need to get meat. We spent $700 in the states (and about $250-300 of that was meat) and we had 2 carts that were absolutely heaping...as in things were falling out! I also got myself a kitchen scale and have been using it non stop.

Before I was just making better food choices and exercising but I really feel as though I need to track every single morsel that goes into my mouth. So that's what I've been doing. I now know exactly why I had no desire to do it in the first place. It's a pain! By the time I had weighed, measured, portioned and input all my food into the LoseIt app, Chris was half done his meal! However, I like the control it gives me. I know exactly how many calories have gone in, and the app also tracks exercise and calories out. Simple math right? If more calories go out than go in, there should be weight loss no matter what. We shall see....I'm aiming for about 1500 calories a day...which I'm finding fairly easy to do. However, I do get hungry at night, which is when I want to snack...so once my calories were gone yesterday, I distracted myself with a hot bath (to soothe my very very sore muscles from shovelling 900million pounds of heavy wet snow yesterday for over 2 hours with a 3 year old in tow) and the latest edition of Cosmo, then went to bed.

Lately I've been having the weirdest craving ever. I have wanted nothing but feta cheese. So of course, living in Canada and a small container of feta cheese costing like $12 it was an expensive craving to have. Luckily dairy in WA state is super cheap and I got a container for about $3 and have been putting it on salads these past couple days...sooo yummy. Salty goodness and not too terrible in calories.

My breakfast has also been the same for the the last couple days. I spotted peanut butter multigrain cheerios at the store and HAD to buy them. Peanut butter and cereal mixed together into a low cal yummy breakfast and it is TO. DIE. FOR. I slice a banana on top and it's heaven. I really hope we can get it here in Canada or I might be asking you guys to ship some to me! If you haven't had these yet...BUY THEM!



I have been frustrated with my C25K lately. Twice I have attempted W6D1 and haven't been able to complete it. It's driving me nuts! I get so frustrated and disheartened because I can do the first 10 minute run but when it comes to the second, I only get about 4 minutes in before I'm struggling. I keep pushing but I just physically haven't been able to do it. So I took a little break from it. Today I'm going to go back and do W5D3 to get myself going again, then I will attempt W6D1 again. I'll let you know how it goes.



6 comments:

  1. The PB Cheerios are SO good!!! I'm a cereal lover to begin with but those are one of my new favorites - peanut buttery without being overly sweet like a sugary cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep pushing and you'll break through the C25K!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that C25K W6D1 is being a pain but how awesome are you? I honestly don't think I would have been tough enough to stick with it if I had tried twice! YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't even started to run yet! I am still in walking mode. Keep it up! You will get thru it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried running a bit slower on the second run? Keep going! When you conquer it, the feeling you'll have will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slow down for both runs. If you push too hard in the beginning you'll feel it in the end. Repeat week 5 if you have to.

    I finished C25K almost two years ago and last fall ran a marathon! I didn't fall in love with running until my first 5K so don't judge running yet! You are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete