LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, March 9, 2012

Cement...

...That's what my legs felt like they were made of today during my workout. I decided, in all my wonderful wisdom, to complete W6D1 of C25k tonight and it was...mediocre at best. My first run interval (10 minutes) went by ok. I felt I did ok. Yes I was extremely tired (this had more so to do with the fact that I had probably the worlds shittiest...and likely shortest...sleep ever last night, then went back to work after being off for damn near 2 weeks, and had a long day), but I knew that was no excuse to skip my workout. Then the second run interval (again 10 minutes) came and I suffered the entire time. At about the 3 and a half minute mark a good song came on and that got me through the next 4 or so minutes, but I was struggling so much at the end of that song...I ended up walking for about 45 seconds just to get my breath and build up the energy to finish...but I did finish. The whole time I kept thinking "3 minutes is really NOT that long, you've run that long before", "2 minutes and 30 seconds is easy peasy, that's what you did in like week 3!", "2 minutes is nothin you got this" and so on...PAINFUL. I felt like giving up so many times. Every muscle in my legs was burning. And I felt like I was going to throw up (FYI: I would not recommend eating a pasta dinner any less than 4 hours before running). I felt like I was going to die...Then I remembered something I saw on Pinterest:



Seeing as how none of those had happened, I figured I had better run until the little man in the app said to stop! The app did give me the "athlete badge" to which I snickered. I'm not exactly an athlete, but I have come a long way from where I was!

Because I felt this run was so shitty, I will be redoing it and redoing it properly. Although, that likely won't happen tomorrow. I will workout tomorrow though, and that's a promise!

Well It's nearly 9:30 and I'm almost falling asleep writing this blog post so I think I'm gonna hit the hay and pray that I sleep soundly until my alarm goes off bright and early at 5:15am...Ugh...G'night.

8 comments:

  1. Even after C25K you will have runs like this... It's the nature of the beast :) Congratulations on finishing a hard run, you are doing a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a body, you are an athlete. ♥ Best advice anyone ever gave me.

    The hard runs are the best - they suck in the moment, but nothing feels better than finishing something that felt impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know I am not the only one that trolls pintrest for inspiration! You doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its the ones that hurt that mean the most!! you finished and thats the best feeling ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's from the hardest workouts that results come. I think it was Muhammad Ali that said he only starts counting sit ups when they start to hurt, because those are the ones that matter. Good for you for pushing through. And that picture isn't exactly right. If you faint or die(lol) by all means stop. But a little vomit never killed anyone and in fact you'll be even sicker if you stop cold right there. Eat your colorful fruits and veggies about an hour before your run and then if you do vomit, you can say you're painting the world rainbow. Lol, im disgusting and tired, sorry. But awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pushing through is the hardest thing to do! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing fantastic! You go Miss Athlete!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL at the picture.

    Unless you die, keep going. Love it. hehe

    ReplyDelete