LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, March 2, 2012

I Feel GREAT!

Today was my W5D1 C25K run and I really feel like it couldn't have gone any better. I felt strong and I felt totally awesome. The stitch in my side made an appearance but it was far less "angry" than it had been previously. I was really focusing on my breathing, which may have been the reason that my run didn't seem to take very long at all, and I think that ensuring that I was breathing in a steady pattern really helped. So thank you all for your suggestions. I'm going to keep working on it.

Tomorrow is my birthday...I'm officially going to be in my "mid-to-late twenties" tomorrow...Ah well...It's also going to be the last birthday I spend over 200lbs. I baked my own cake (a low-cal "diet soda" cake) which will be topped with some fat free coolwhip and some fresh fruit. The kiddo will be so excited to have some party cake, as she calls it. I also get to relax for a little bit tomorrow and get a lovely pedicure after doing some shopping with my mom. Nothing can cure ugly winter feet faster or better than a pedicure. I'm thinking of getting an aqua blue color nail polish (aquamarine = March birthstone). Following my pedicure me, Chris and my mom are going for a late lunch . Will be nice to have a relaxing family day.

Even though it is my birthday tomorrow, I plan on working out...probably later in the evening though. I will update following that, perhaps along with a picture of my cute tootsies. Have a great evening everybody.

13 comments:

  1. Happy almost birthday!!! ♥ And great job with C25K w5d1! Week 5 was when it started to feel "real" to me, the longer distances and shorter intervals. I still repeat it sometimes for speed training runs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! Hope you enjoy your day tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!!! Make it a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!! So proud of you for making that low cal cake, and for making plans to workout even on your birthday. Despite what "they say" calories on your birthday do count, and don't be like me and let the sweets on your birthday start you on a downward spiral...keep pushing on! Great job on the C25K!! You are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great birthday! So glad your breathing technique is helping while you are running!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Taryn! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have an AMAZING BIRTHDAY GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Mine was March 1, but I didn't celebrate it. Hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete